Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Refresh rate, bad hdmi cable, variety of settings between the computer and the pc, if you have cpu-bound-gpu and an external gpu it is possible the hdmi out only runs on the motherboard gpu.

hek, that a lot of things

it’s a 4k tv, but even when I set the output resolution to like 768, it’s still slow.

In fact it’s not stuttery jittery slow like when trying to run a new game on old hardware, it’s the exact same extremely consistent, smooth slowness, no matter what resolution I render at, high or low. It’s honestly kinda weird to witness

The books are great, but don’t translate well to television.

Just because people fixate on her overly specific practical advice on folding clothes and nesting boxes doesn’t mean that’s what her books are about. It’s just that it’s much easier to buy a bunch of boxes and post a trendy photo to Instagram than it is to take the time and re-evaluate the roles their possessions play in their lifestyle.

1 Like

yeah 90% of the recent backlash to marie kondo is a misrepresentation of what she’s trying to say

it’s mostly just a reframing of how one should think about what they have - there’s a lack of intentionality that most people have which she tries to remedy with little rituals and putting a spirit into every object

how effective that is in changing your habits is up for debate, I thought it was kind of woo at first before remembering that I did this with my toys as a kid and had a great time imagining all the stuff they got up to when I wasn’t around

1 Like

no

maintaining putlocker and MEGA links is an annoying hassle in the long run. besides, being relatively obscure and private is a good thing for these things, after all, you’re stealing content.

I am actually impressed that the Netflix show doesn’t veer into orientalist bullshit.

The core of Kondo’s “method” is a dose of animism for the objects you use or cherish and acknowledging that you are careless about your stuff. It’s true that “clutter” is a matter of perspective and privilege, but I don’t think she’s vapid or a salve to consumer habits.

There’s a lot in the book about how you feel (e.g. anxious) when you’re surrounded by clutter and that clicked with me instantly. It’s not about minimalism per se as being deliberate about your environment. The “life-changing magic” is supposed to be that you find things easier and you’re less anxious about the state of your home because you’ve not only culled your possessions but also learned how to be conscious of what you bring home.

I read the book right as my dad moved cross-country and left me with a bunch of stuff and I started renting my mom’s house full of para-hoarder messes so it had an outsized impact.

8 Likes
  • Demons Souls
  • Dark Souls

0 voters

dude I’m not gonna seek out a PS3 just to play literally one game

You should.

8 Likes

Yeah, I mean, I basically bought a PS3 and my first HD television to play that one game.

Thanks, SB

3 Likes

PS3s can also play Dark Souls so it’s two games.

2 Likes

get demons and then download nocturne off psn and you have a Best Games Machine

2 Likes

Bluepoint’s gonna remake it, guys, I believe it; I’ve just gotta hold on a little longer…

1 Like

If I’m playing a game that I downloaded from PSN in 2019 called Final Fantasy XV (which I guess you can’t buy anymore–I bought it a while ago, but just downloaded/updated it a couple days ago), am I actually playing Final Fantasy XV or do I need something else?

PS3 has many exclusive games that make it worth owning imo

1 Like

I’m confused by what you’re asking

final fantasy xv is final fantasy xv

are you asking about patches/DLC?

Yeah, I guess so. I’d just heard a bunch about the game being updated over time to become the “real complete” FFXV and I wasn’t sure if that was all done with patches or DLC or whatever. It’s all so confusing if you haven’t been following it.

afaik the DLC just adds in additional character specific chapters. everything that “Fixes” what’s broken about the game is done through patches. you should be good as long as your installation is up to date.

1 Like

Rad. Thanks!