Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

i want manga meat

2 Likes

If I am going to play Final Fantasy 15 for the first time, do I need to read or absorb any of the outside media stuff (like the movie) to know what’s going on or can I just dive into it?

Not REALLY, but if you find yourself really wanting to know the answers to any of the following questions:

• What’s Prompto’s role in The Band?
  • What’s with the dogs?
  • Why do the other guys put up with Noctis?
  • Why was Luna in the city?
  • What actually HAPPENED in the city?
  • How is the Multiplayer connected to the main story?
  • What’s the deal with the Ring?

Then you might consider watching the movie and the anime short series. The light novels don’t tell you anything you A) need to know and B) can’t glean from the game itself or the movie/anime (one of the novels literally takes like 8 pages or whatever just to deliver “Iris likes Noctis”)

Cool. Should i consume this stuff at specific points in the game or just if I decide I need to be filled in on these questions? Also, thanks for the insight, I appreciate it.

The anime series (Free via the official FF15 Youtube channel: Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5)

Probably best watched either right before starting the game, or within the opening hours after starting. They give most of the backstory of the Boys themselves, while dipping briefly into the more overarching plot of the major political points involved in the game’s story. Episode 1 can be seen as a sort of “trailer” of the game itself, episodes 2, 3, and 4 explain how Prompto, Gladio, and Ignis came to join The Band, respectively, and then episode 5 explains the connections between Noctis and Lunafreya, as well as “all the adult stuff” that went on back when they were kids that ended up being the impetus for what goes down during the game.

As for the movie, Kingsglaive (available on ???. It’s on like, zero streaming services, but you can pay actual moneydollars to rent it on like amazon or redbox or something if you’re trying to get rid of some cash), I would say either:

Watch it right when it happens in the game (technically the real meat of the movie (aside from a few establishing scenes) begins roughly at the same time the game does, but The Event the movie is about (the assault on the city) takes place about 2-ish hours into the game.),

OR you can watch it before trying the multiplayer (which takes place during a specific period in the timeline, as the game will tell you when selecting it).

Edit: OH ALSO: some tips for playing the game,

• Do the tutorial, it will teach you things the game won’t (like how to lock on, etc)
  • Play with Wait Mode on, it makes the game much less chaotic, and even has its own branch of the skill tree
  • Don’t try to 100% like, ANYTHING until you’re about to go to the Endgame. It really isn’t worth it. Do hunts when you need cash or the items dropped by the targets (or if you just want to), don’t treat them as a checklist, you will burn out hard if you try to do them all.
  • Don’t sell anything, ever. I mean, that’s hyperbole, but every item in the game has a use, even if it’s not obvious at first. Even if you’re sure you don’t want it, at least don’t sell ALL of anything. Maybe you won’t end up using it yourself, but chances are you’ll come across a quest that wants one.
  • ALWAYS BET ON REAPERKING (unless there are Flexitusks)
2 Likes

Is there any reason to buy Windjammers if you’re only going to play single player?

I mean, it’s like playing a really good fighting game single player; it’s still incredibly enjoyable if the AI is serviceable and you might have a buddy over to your place once in a blue moon

2 Likes

are some unpopular movies only on karagargagagaga because they aren’t popular enough to be put on more accessible sites like putlocker or a pastebin full of MEGA links

or are they only on there because “film people” are gatekeepers and douches

it cant be a lawyer thing because u can find disney shit very easily

Even with a kg/redacted account I really don’t like the paranoia and backslapping implicit in private torrentspaces, no
I suspect it’s mostly just momentum now - people stick up the rare shit there and there only because everyone else did

There’s some degree, and this is kind of a circular thing, of any time an obscure movie gets put on a public tracker, it loses all seeders within a week and no one feels compelled to share that shit again. That’s why private trackers began in the first place

there’s so much shit being put out now even a torrent of a popular movie can be dead a month later. we need a better way

1 Like

suprisingly having a hard time googling this. I’m looking at buying an old audio interface that uses this PCI card:

what on earth do I need to get that thing hooked up on a desktop? the computer I’m using is actually fairly old (it’s a windows XP machine lol) but that looks like a laptop PCI card? I don’t think the computer in question has any slots on it like that. is there some kind of enclosure I can put it in that will just let it hook up over usb? I can’t seem to find anything :expressionless:

PCMCIA is a different standard than PCI. It uses the same 68-pin connector as Compact Flash, but the non-bulk storage cards (like this one) need an adapter that supports CardBus. It’s old as shit and driver support is a nightmare because it died as a technology right in the middle of the XP era but before USB drivers got better so your options are pretty much to find a new old stock PCI or even ISA adapter

This would probably work, assuming you can get XP drivers for it and the card you want to use

1 Like

does the card like… plug in somewhere on that thing lol?

Yeah, the cardbus card plugs in to the back of the pci card. It basically adds a pcmcia port to the back of your desktop

That card seems to come with a drivers CD and I bet it has XP drivers on it just from its age.

the manufacturer does not seem to have a website tho so like… lol :expressionless:

more expensive but this seems like a safer bet

and it will ship this week instead of by march

yeah I agree if you want to buy anything it’s that

1 Like

Question: Am I right to assume that anything to do with Marie Kondo is a total waste of time, and she’s just another weird, vapid oracle for the petite bourgeois, and she’s famous because she helps privileged people reckon with the garishness and guilt associated with wealth?

6 Likes

OK but why is everything in mega slow motion when I hook my pc up to my TV through HDMI though?