Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

It’s not a dune thread it’s a quick questions thread

1 Like

Some of it I didn’t hate! It absolutely reads like polished fanfiction and I was totally okay with that. The stuff about the Butlerian Jihad, anyway.

The Butlerian Jihad stuff bugged me the most, just because it took something really mysterious in the original books and turned it into…yeah, polished fanfiction is about right. It also did the Star Wars thing of “here is this vast giant universe but literally everything that has ever happened to it occurred to these like 3 families only”.

I don’t get the “no dune” meme

it’s a winkerism

probably the only thing about Olde SB that’s good tbh

2 Likes

basically anything but “no dune threads” from before, like, 2012 should be banned and yes that means posters too and that means me goodbye to all my online friends forever~

2 Likes

j/k I will never log off : (

5 Likes

hey what was wrong with the ps4 sotn port again? my partner was interested when i was flicking through the ps4 sale and like, i haven’t played Rondo of Blood yet

Uses the PSP translation so no DIE MONSTER. Otherwise good.

Some of the sound effects are really wonky, too.

Are there any good PC 3D Platformers that use KB/M as the primary input device? I’m trying to design some KB/M moon fields input but it’s hard. Analog Input is important, but having it be point & click makes 1p much different than Versus mode

I seem to recal the Legend/anniversary/underworld era tomb raider games having pretty ok controls mouse and keyboard controls.

1 Like

Moon Fields is more like a twinstick thing right, in actual play? Maybe look at Guardian of Light?

2 Likes

Pc version of bastion.

1 Like

I still prefer mouse & keyboard for Bastion.

1 Like

Thanks for the references, guys. The Moon Fields is actually a 1 analog stick + 7 button game, so it’s close to those but not quite. I’m posting what I’m doing + a tester file in my Moon Fields thread.

I seem to remember we had a thread at one point for quick vidcon idea posts, but it’s either gone or I’ve forgotten what it was called. Is that still a thing, or did it get axed?

You mean this?

1 Like

The Disqus reactions I’ve seen rolling out in the last few weeks drive me to incandescence as all gross emoticons do, yet they’re not isolatable by a snippet picker like the ublock one. Is there a good way to block those, or do I have to block all Disqus now?