Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

I didn’t know you could use GitHub Pages for free hosting! Thanks a ton for the great advice. My site is completely static so I’m going to give that a go. If my site is simply html and css files then can I just copy and paste them into GitHub and have it just work?

Pretty much, yeah. Full instructions are available here: https://pages.github.com

2 Likes

Thanks, this rules! I had to remove a php contact form that only ever got me spam emails anyway, but otherwise the site seems to work perfectly on GitHub Pages. This is the ideal solution. I’m glad I asked!

2 Likes

Does NES Arkanoid only really work with the special dial controller? Always felt impossible to play on a normal controller when I was a kid.

Maybe there’s some strategic thing I’m missing too, or I just need to predict angles better?

Wasn’t sure which Nier Automata thread to ask this in, and it’s a short one (C/D/E playthrough spoilers): What the hell are the controls for the Pascal vs. Engels boss fight? I couldn’t figure out how to attack at all and I’m not going to repeat that entire chunk of the game until I brute force the controls

iirc square is light attack and there’s not really strategy to that part. you just have to make sure your attacks land before his do, so just mash square until you win.

3 Likes

I think I fucked it up the first time and was annoyed too

there’s a block button, too. if you block you’re guaranteed the next hit, i think

I think the answer to this is yes.

The dpad is a lot slower then the dial. You need the dial.

how did octopath traveler turn out? was it pretty much ‘what if saga was bad?’

It’s fine. I mean, it’s basically not a Saga game at all, but more of a basic JRPG/very minor ff5 job system riff, with 8 different characters. I played like 50 hours of it because portable RPGs are my jam, but aside from the graphical stuff, nothing was particularly unique or innovative about it. Combat had a few fun ideas, and there are some late game jobs that let you abuse things in interesting ways, but it is far from essential.

1 Like

yeah other than a couple graphics and a few combat wrinkles that really aren’t even that much to write home about it’s pretty soulless and weak imo

I heard it was bogus re women, so it’s like… Why am I even doing a story game.

Tim seemed to talk about it’s gameplay tho.

1 Like

Divinity: Original Sin: 2 lets you play as a lizard person. How cool is that? No, i mean, as a literal question, how cool is that. Can you be a lizard wizard who breaks the game in cool ways? If my scale for WRPGs is based on how much you can break them with cool skills, and how much you can play a lizard person, how does D:OS2 rank compared to Morrowind?

You can do most quests in reverse order and wizards are super cool in the combat system. Its more like fallout turn based combat except you can set the floor on fire than it is like morrowind. Lizards are super cool too. You can have a party made of lizards and skellingtons.

3 Likes

skeletons get to wear faces to blend in with normie society

elves ritualistically eat dead flesh to relive memories

Divinity’s all about snippets of extra content to make your choice feel special

oh and you can easily get a perk that lets you talk to animals, who mostly have animal thoughts about things

6 Likes

these are really fucking good answers for me my dudes. i’m probably gonna get this game now

7 Likes

Talking to animals perk is absolutely essential content

3 Likes

I want to be a magical lizard who talks to animals and can set the floor on fire!

but in lieu of that, i will play one in videogmes

7 Likes

Any recommendations for PS1 multiplayer games that are easily accessible to non-gamers? I’m thinking of stuff like Xi -sai-/Devil Dice or its 2D friend Keeper on the Super Famicom.