Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

that’s about it isn’t it? there’s a bunch of like old final fantasy games and dragon quest xi and an smt coming to it next year or whatever but other than it’s like just octopath, which i couldn’t possibly recommend

I saw this a few years ago at MAGFest, seems “Dragon Knight” and “puzzle dot fighters” aren’t really near the name to search. If anyone’s familiar/knows it, I’m curious how this might’ve developed.

Whoops, it deleted my post when I refreshed on an open edit window.

Anyway, it’s a Square mobile port; uglier than leaving it untouched (though better than Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger escaped with), terrible fonts, and a poor-quality translation.

Bad enough that you’ll wish it was better but good enough to buy, even at $25. Go in knowing it’s story-light.

the menu UI hurts, the other parts were fine

has anyone played iron crypticle

I really like the look of it

I think I got it on Steam a while back and returned it. It didn’t have much crunch and felt rather slow paced. It does look nice, though!

damn, my friend is a big aqua kitty pusher and I was trying to get something adjacent so I wouldn’t be fully ignoring her rec

is resonance of fate as impenetrable as it looks

it’s not but it’s also not very deep – lots of artifice for not much reward. It’s one of the more memorable tri ace games to me for all the weird shit going on and for the theoretically interesting level design but I got sick of doing what it wanted me to like a third of the way through

also a case of “doing well is one thing, but doing well without it feeling and looking stupid is another entirely”

1 Like

but nah, it’s not that complicated. i think it could’ve done with additional depth, but it does look and feel amazing on the combat side.

For some reason I decided to get an IG. What are some kool accounts to follow that don’t post too much and are nice. I like buildings and clothes and probably most other things. I am dylans_pix on there if u wanna say hi lol. Is there an Instagram thread???

1 Like

Can someone explain the “soulja boy consoles” meme to me with enough specificity that I get it, but still vague enough that it doesn’t ruin my life thx

some rapper resold a bunch of chinese consoles loaded with roms

1 Like

that is a ridiculous idea

has he been arrested yet

he hasn’t and he even posted since-deleted tweets more or less openly hoping that Nintendo would go after him

this is in addition to shittalking youtubes who made videos about the consoles (or, in a few cases, their non-Soulja Boy-branded direct from AliExpress counterparts) and planning to open a physical store to sell said consoles. with roms.

1 Like

The youtubers are really into yelling at soulja boy and getting millions of hits.

soulja boy is actually a games conservation hero and if u disagree you’re a cop that works for nintendo

10 Likes

Nobody has answered the most important question: DOES IT RUN BRAID?

10 Likes

I’m preparing to finally release my documentary online, and in the process I want to move the film’s website to a better hosting service. I currently use 000Webhosting because it’s free, but it slaps an ugly little watermark in the corner of the website and goes down all the time.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent free or cheap webhost that doesn’t do those things? The film itself will just be a Vimeo embed, so I won’t need crazy video streaming bandwidth.

1 Like

I use https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net for most of my projects. Its pricing is based on resources used per day, which is pretty reasonable if you are not as popular on the Internet as you wish you were.

Alternatively if you just want something completely static, Github Pages can be be used as a static web host for free without watermarking, and you can hook up your own domain, as long as you don’t mind having the source for the site be publicly visible (like this for my old blog).

4 Likes