Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

whoa i use that on my desktop, didn’t know there was a mobile version.

thanks!

1 Like

Help! I was Cursed by Dracula! Is Akumajo Densetsu worth playing or should I be content to listen to its spooky soundtrack?

It’s worth giving a shot. As others have mentioned it’s better than CV3 in terms of difficulty, mainly because damage is determined by enemy type (X critter always does Y damage) while CV3 they changed it to the CV1 formula of everything doing the same damage that increases based on how far you are in the game but it wasn’t built around it like CV1 was.

What’s a good, cheap open world check-em-off I could get on Steam? I haven’t played one in a while and I’ve been meaning to play something mindless like that again. Tried Just Cause 3 and I’m not really feeling it; the environment is boring and I don’t feel like it’s an interesting enough playground for your wacky grappling hook thing.

Picked up Arkham Knight but I’m not sure how well that runs, even now days. Also thinking of trying LEGO DC Super-Villains. There are the old entries of the big AAA stuff like Assassin’s Creed and FarCry but I don’t know if they’ve really changed that much from years ago. Anything else I should try?

Spider-Man and Horizon are the only conservative open-world games like this I’d recommend from the past few years and they’re the wrong platform. Ubisoft games still feel like Ubisoft games despite trying desperately to ape Witcher 3. Final Fantasy XV is broken and stupid but there are grooves where it seems like a not-completely-terrible idea.

1 Like

Mad Max.

Or hell Need for Speed.

1 Like

Oh yeah Mad Max is pretty good. You know, for these.

Thirding Mad Max!

I actually started playing it again just because. And I 100%ed it the last time.

Felix answer: Just Cause 3.

That’s a good one too. I haven’t 100%ed it yet but I’m keeping it installed because I totally intend to at some point. I 100%ed Just Cause 2 (99.5%ed actually thanks to some glitch that prevents 100%).

imo Mad Max is strictly a worse version of JC3. MGSV is incredibly cheap and might scratch the same itch, and if you’ve already played BotW, that’s pretty much all of the non-PS4 open world games I could recommend on the strength of their mechanics. Yakuza 0, maybe?

final fantasy xv is broken and stupid and a completely chill way to spend some time

It remembers the value of empty space. It creates a fruitful void where other games are obsessed with a bethesdian hyper-compression of space and activity

I don’t even know how many levels of post-irony I’m on.

11 Likes

I agree though! FFXV managed to feel more like a real road trip through an imagined North America filtered through fantasy bullshit.

It shouldn’t work, but it’s one of the most enjoyable open world games I have ever played.

1 Like

Too many post-ironies for me because I can’t hear ‘it remembers the value of empty space’ without Prompto screeching into my ear about his latest YOLO fantasy

Oh and I think Mad Max is awful, terrible combat, no respect for the lonely desert Max needs, and a misunderstanding of both the Ubisoft formula and the Mad Max ideals.

needs more unique shops and restaurants

1 Like

oh, I absolutely adored the game, but I don’t expect anyone to get what I did from the game and admit that all the criticisms are ‘not wrong’

1 Like

who is the monster that decided you shouldn’t be able to rotate the camera during the food shots

1 Like

Oh yeah, I also agree with that but…I really enjoyed my time with it anyway. It captures something most open world games fail to, and it’s hard to put into words.

Driving through the seaside hills while listening to the Balamb garden theme is a very worthwhile experience I can’t renember playing another game giving me, and I respect it a lot for that.

Yes definitely. I enjoyed collecting every recipe and visiting every restaurant just for the aesthetic variety.

I enjoyed sorting through photos that prompto took every time we camped. I enjoyed letting someone else chauffeur me around so that I can just soak in atmosphere

I hate doing stuff in video games. Near a Tomato’s emptiness was similarly satisfying though that game was generally more grim and more narratively propulsive and less aesthetically variant so I had less reason to soak it all in.

1 Like

mad max has awesome vehicular combat though