Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

In 2 or 3?

Sorry to interrupt but I have a question too: my PS4 died a few weeks ago. Should I get it repaired again or should I just get a new one?

It’s not the plus or whatever it’s called

3 in the collection is fine. Not perfect but not screaming and mashing of teeth that I paid to experience this garbage that 2 is.

1 Like

Did it give any indications as to why it died? I replaced the power supply in mine and it was very easy. If it is a more exotic failure then it may not be worth it over getting a new one for $200 during the sales going on now-ish.

is the reliability that poor? I haven’t heard of too many failures like that

What are some good movies set in philly, or pennsylvania generally? I watched creed and unstoppable recently and they both draw a v similar image of this cold grey hard working state

1 Like

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia S12E01

Newer ones are more energy efficient and have quieter fans. Can’t think of anything else. If you’re in the US then black Friday would probably have some good deals on new ones as km said, so you can factor that into your decision as you’re sizing up the price difference between a repair or new ps4.

My PS4 shares a circuit with a workshop, and tool motors put out some nasty noise

But it’s cheaper to buy new consoles than run new conduit

1 Like

This is my third, idk :woman_shrugging:t2:

Sony keeps sending me shitty ones when I send in for repairs, I guess. That’s how I lost PT ;_;

1 Like

I’m finding it very hard to think of an answer to this question! Other than all the Rockies obviously. I think Boston reads as default “cold blue-collar city” for most filmmakers.

They use Philly to double for DC and NYC sometimes. I think Die Hard 4’s DC was Philly? But that’s the absolute converse of a movie “set in Philly”

1 Like

did you just get done watching the collected works of ben affleck or something

oh and actually useful answer: trading places

1 Like

There’s those, and The Depahhted, and you know, that stuff

1 Like

Don’t forget Witness and Groundhog Day (speaking of romcoms)

1 Like

ahh!! thank you everyone for this. ive seen a few of these but forgot/didnt notice they were set in pennsylvania and never even thought of watching a few others so this helps thxxx

I wonder if there’s a decline in movies set in mid-sized American cities that parallels their relative decline next to mega-cities (and the same excluded middle the entire world is experiencing). But I think my impression is mostly formed by survivorship bias.

Nothing like a movie set in Kalamazoo, MI though. Trawling Amazon Prime last night I saw a movie named Battle Creek. You guessed right, it’s set in Battle Creek, MI.

I hadn’t realized ‘West Michigan’ is a regional phrase until I read it was and realized it should grammatically be ‘Western Michigan’.

1 Like

I believe Eraserhead was hugely influenced by David Lynch’s overwhelming anxiety and hatred of living in Philly, so you could always have a good time cutting em’ up like regular chickens with Henry and the gang.

2 Likes

de palma’s Blow Out is set in philadelphia iirc and that’s a classic

1 Like

:thinks of jokingly suggesting The Philadelphia Story:

:reconsiders:

:goes to seriously and sincerely suggest The Philadelphia Story:

:stops, thinks again:

The Happiest Millionaire

2 Likes

I think the film “Philadelphia” might be set in Philadelphia but I’m honestly not sure

1 Like