Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

You rang?

1 Like

i mean, probably

1 Like

Wow thanks for this list? Honestly nooooone of this stuff really fits the bill I don’t think. Tales games make me want to retch. But I’ll run all these by her and see if she’s into anything.

1 Like

pal ico

EDF is such a good call. I got so many different people to play 2024 with me

3 Likes

Yeah, landroverattack is probably right. Trendsetters is also the latest I’ve played for the same reasons, but I don’t think they’re radically different enough that you’d feel like you’re missing out on a lot. Get whatever’s most affordable. Trendsetters lets you do male fashion as well, while I think Fashion Forward removed it. I feel like I heard you unlock male fashion in Styling Star’s post-game? I might be making that up.

I played the heck out of this game, Soul Sacrifice and Soul Sacrifice Delta. It’s kinda ugly and the Vita’s limited ability to portray the monster designs sometimes makes them uglier, but it’s fairly solid all around. It’s one of the more unique Monster Hunter-likes to come out in that it uses the framework and gameplay themes of Monster Hunter without mimicking it mechanically like so many MH-likes tended to do. Comcept seems to have bungled everything they’ve worked on except Soul Sacrifice but they at least released 1.5 solid games. I’d love to see another iteration that builds on what they started.

1 Like

wtf you serious

Moon Hunters might be a better choice than anothergod made it sound, it does some neat minor choices-and-consequences stuff and it is centered on myth-making. Like the adventures you have get rendered as myths at the end of each run and the myths are always slightly inaccurate to what you just played through. The process of playing a bunch of games and slowly unlocking a bigger narrative is satisfying.

1 Like

Yeah even before you posted that was the only one on the list that I didn’t know what it was, I looked it up and it seemed the most promising.

It’s good! I’ve never played with less than 3. I have an extra code for it if you’d like to try it out. I believe you can play as your prior characters as well so you can start out the game with certain characteristics (which is important for having different interactions with some NPCs)

play toe jam and earl with your wife

1 Like

choosing to read this as a recommendation for two separate titles, “toe jam” and “earl with your wife”

2 Likes

what is with the sudden cop discussion on spiderman, and why spiderman only. did the world not realize til now superheroes all live in a permanent 1920 dick tracy GANGLAND nonsense fascist fantasy world. haven’t the bad guys in the last couple marvel movies literally just been working class people who were like, hey maybe with this superhero tech I can fix things in my favor for once.

9 Likes

the discourse is a little bit literal minded, it took the very specific iconography of NYPD towers to get people ginned up about it apparently

better late than never I guess

I’ve been wondering if their telemetry shows different systemic mission pickup between ‘a car just crashed’, ‘there’s an armed robbery’, and ‘a drug deal is going down’.

Though all the drug deals seem to occur on skyscraper rooftops, maybe it’s all dropped from executive helicopters there

It looks like Fashion Forward lets you dress up the male NPCs in the post game but does not feature any men’s fashion business. Skimming gameplay videos it seems like Styling Star brought men’s fashion back although you might be running it as a separate store. I’m not sure how fleshed out it is compared to the women’s fashion stuff.

If you needed two games to bookend the history of shmups for a lecture, and one was Space Invaders (or Periscope, say) what would the other one be?

(yes this is a Stack Overflow-style ‘help me with my homework’ question)

1 Like

probably Mushihimesama though I don’t like it at all

akai katana? it’s a few years old now, but i think it might be the height of the “absurdly complex scoring mechanics” subgenre

both of these seem like good options, thanks