Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Need a good couch co-op game to play with my wife. I am possessed of a PS4 and a PC. She wants to explore stuff, she’s having a good time playing Lego Worlds with our kid but wants something slightly more adult we can play together. I honestly have no idea what’s out there that fits this niche, if anything. Like if DQ11 was co-op that’d be perfect…

Divinity: Original Sin? The interface is a little weird with split-screen but it’s probably as good as you can get with a normal cRPG.

Magicka (1 slightly more so than 2, though they’re about the same) & Helldivers are also both good for this

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is supposed to be quite good for it but I’ve never actually tried

In coop puzzle land there’s Overcooked & Death Squared

Whenever they’re released, PIKUNIKU and Rite of Ilk

2 Likes

Diablo 3.

3 Likes

Vermintide 2? Not what you’re looking for, I just like it a lot lol

if you’re not particularly interested in digging or building, minecraft also gives you an enormous procedurally generated world to explore.

2 Likes

I would go Magicka first in a heartbeat except the gamepad controls aren’t great and a little too much of what it’s doing isn’t nearly as fun or interesting if you don’t have familiarity with more prosaic Diablolikes

Overcooked and Diablo 3 are both great choices though, console co op absolutely redeems Diablo

Original Sin is wonderful but you would be playing a full on CRPG at that point with a controller and your spouse and that’s always seemed like a big ask

the most fun my wife and I ever had that involved playing videogames on the couch was in fact “watch me play the whole metal gear solid trilogy” so as obviously terrible as that sounds (in that I’m not sure which of us I’m more embarrassed for in this scenario) I guess I’ve got to put in a vote for that

I can only do so much to avoid comparisons to Biederman

5 Likes

I agree that the game is probably too heavy for someone that doesn’t play videogames a lot, but the splitscreen and controller support are surprisingly well implemented!

just put it on easy

1 Like

should note that both diablo and overcooked are better with 3 so really you’re in a better starting position here if you’re in a triad

2 Likes

Anybody have any opinions on what is the best game in the Style Savvy / Style Boutique / Girls Mode (localization whyyyy) series on 3DS? Thought I’d just try the last one but it’s a number of bucks more expensive then the other so…?

@sponkmonkey @landroverattack @Drem

1 Like

You’re telling me

did keiji inafune ever make a psp game about absorbing dna from demon bones and using them like steroids to strengthen your limbs

i think i read about it one time in electronic gaming monthly

you would harvest the bones of the demon’s arms or something and then put them into your arms. it seemed like dororo/blood will tell but at the end you’re like rich piana meets asura’s wrath

#mandelaeffect

1 Like

Soul Sacrifice. It was a Vita game.

2 Likes

Good catch

That’s not a bad pile of aesthetics; it’s like Berserk rendered through Fractured Fairy Tales

1 Like

this honestly sounds like Mega Man: Act Zero so it makes sense I guess

Is this game real?

◆中古★I LOVE Babies BOYS & GIRLS アイラブベイビーズ DS用ソフト 海外版(371109)

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b273527125

Coop adventure on PS4:

Borderlands - if the bar is adulting up after Lego Adventures
Dragon Crown Pro - if you can get over uh gross adulting
Don’t Starve Together - I couldn’t get into it, but I have friends
Diablo 3 - it’s finally good on consoles
Earth Defense Force - not adventurey, but I mean
Hyperlight Drifter - there’s a 2 player mode that I haven’t played, but the 1 player is great
Moonhunters - its easyish, shmuppy, Diabloy
Overcooked - not very Adventurey, but I hear it’s really good
Songbringer - roguelike Zelda 1
Tales of… - there are like 5 of them on PS4 or something
Swords of Ditto - roguelike ALttP with 2p
Titan Quest - oldschool Diablo 2 type
Victor Vran - indie Diablo
Wizard of Legend - magical beatemup-y type game for 2 wizards

This is a big list. The most traditionally like DQ11 will probably be a Tales game. I’d suggest Tales of… or Divine Divinity, though. And the probably real answer is to play FF14 on your PC and PS4 simultaneously.

3 Likes

I only played the first one, actually. I’d recommend just starting off with that one and then the sequels if you want more.

1 Like

unfortunately I haven’t played past Trendsetters for pretty much the same reason as you, the sequels have been pretty expensive when I’ve looked in stores

buuut you do seem to become an idol in girl’s mode 4 (style boutique 3 (styling star)) so it might just be worth the money

but i get the sense that they’re all fairly similar, just with more stuff. so if you just want to try, starting with the cheapest is probably fine!

1 Like