Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

it’s discourse yeah

and it makes a lot of programmer-y assumptions in its text encoding, like you have to escape the slashes in the shrug emoji

I’ve never seen a setting to turn it off, you just have to, uh, have posted on the internet for years like you’re reporting github issues, sorry

1 Like

That’s not part of Markdown or any other programmer-y thing, seems like a Discourse specific quirk. I think whoever wrote Discourse deeply loathes ellipses with more than 3 dots and also applied the same coding to commas. Anyway you can backslash the later commas if you really want them: like so: ,\,\,

1 Like

comme ca

2 Likes

It’s a perfectly cromulent English idiom but my inclination to use it probably has something to do with my French yeah

2 Likes

Are there any compilations/collaborations/vollections out there which you think are as good or better than Sounshock FM Funk Madness and it’s follow ups?

2 Likes

anyone else have problems with the newest retroarch erroneously detecting an xbox one controller as a ‘8bitdo n30 modkit’

Seems Shenmue on PS4 is bugged so it didn’t create a clear save after the credits, will I be missing much if I just start fresh on the sequel?

Just your capsule collection and any training progress/special scrolls.

Ah, I thought there’d be some story carry over too. Apparently replaying the ending can fix it but I don’t think I am bothered to do that again

Oh and here’s a tip for Shenmue 2 that everyone complained about 15 years ago (lordy!). Early in the game you are going to need money. Go to the gambling hall, save, bet everything a few times over and in 15 minutes you will be beyond rich for the rest of the game.

3 Likes

I don’t know of any that approach the breadth and energetic qualities those carry in their “sound niche”

They really are pretty standout, there’s plenty of chip/vg/electro comps with good stuff out there but I’m not familiar with anything comparable. You’ve inspired me for a slow scan of sorts though.

1 Like

Shnabubula’s Zithro to the Max on volume 3 is killer; what a succession of melodic teases! I was crushed when the artist removed all their chiptune work from the internet.

1 Like

What are some Switch games that are good for playing on a long flight?
I was thinking of getting Minit or Kero Blaster, but seems they might be too short to last the trip. Maybe Dead Cells or The Messenger?

Totally late but the forums threw this question about Chase: Cold Case Investigations into my view.

I played some of it a while back. It’s a linear visual novel with occasional questioning of suspects in the form of multiple choice questions. There were also some hidden object puzzles, which is about as exploratory as it gets. It wasn’t very interesting and the characterization was rather bland (hard-boiled chauvinist detective dude with his ditzy young assistant).

1 Like

How is Moon Diver on PS3?

Yeah, those should both work. Consider also Celeste, Hollow Knight and Stardew Valley.

2 Likes

Has Smash Bros Kirby ever had a move called The Kirb Stomp and if not why not

5 Likes

I need to buy an laptop as we son’t even have one computer anymore. 300-800€, used. It needs to run indie games, cracked Indesign / Illustrator and Office.

What should I aim for?
Thanks!

A 2014 Macbook Air

2 Likes

I am literally going to blindly buy this, thanks Felix

1 Like