Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

I think that’s technically a function of the [stock] keyboard rather than Siri and I use SwiftKey because I like swipe typing so I never encounter it, not sure if that’s a solution for you though

yeah it’s a stock keyboard thing, if you turn the suggestions thing off there i don’t think it shows up anymore

if you do decide to use a third party keyboard don’t enable full access

SwiftKey Veterans for Truth

3 Likes

No, I have all that stuff turned off.

Thanks everybody for the input. It’s not killing me but I do think it’s weird that there doesn’t seem to be any acknowledgement of this feature anywhere, you’d think they would tout it heavily (“we know what you want to search next before you do!”)

At least, that’s what I was going to say until I found this amazing thread where it seems Apple themselves are not aware of the feature: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8099239?page=1

I doubt Apple doesn’t know about this feature considering it was in the keynote for iOS 11.

Oh ok. Someone in there said they called AppleCare and they said they were the only person whose phone did that, and they should try backup and restore haha.

the Apple support forums and the Apple support people are not necessarily too well connected to Apple themselves

what’s the good msx emulator these days? vaguely remember struggling to configure openmsx on osx like ten years ago

bluemsx is in retroarch and openemu, so…

yeah, i’ve always used bluemsx, it’s easy and has tons of features

seems like carts like scc+ don’t work on the retroarch bluemsx core so i’ll just grab the standalone emulator innit, thanks

Is Steredenn good?

its… ok

Not really worth it imho

Is there a way to play Dragon Quest 9 multiplayer online like via emulation or is that not possible anymore?

how do you find the words to talk about something you love when most conversations are dominated by things you don’t and are incredibly tired of hearing about? Mainly, how do you talk about the things you like and be positive without trying to be negative, because even when you lightly disaree you still set people off?

do you feel comfortable with describing any of these experiences where you feel you received a disproportionately negative response to what you said?

There are a number of different ways to try and work through this issue, but they largely depend on when/how/why you enter a conversation, and of course who you’re having it with.

i think i need to shut up more

Post on sb

What’s this thing called that this forum is built on? Discord? Discourse? Anyway why does it not let me do lots of commas in a row. I do it a lot and it always gets cut to just one comma when I post. Is there a reason other than cleanliness? Can we turn it off? It’s so trivial I don’t even want someone to spend time turning it off. I’m just curious ig