Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Hey, that’s the game I stopped playing because ‘Drugs are illegal, destroy them’ was like, one of the biggest ways to get good guy points.

It’s the sort of game that insists local cops would be HORRIFIED by oppressive state control. Not, y’know, pretty much the main implementer of it.

That game was MAGNIFICENTLY fucked in so many ways.

1 Like

Is there a college football thread? Some prison island the sports fans can banish themselves to?

That was for a Ubisoft game called Rainbow Six: Patriots that I don’t think ever got released.

Infamous was hilariously bad too though.

hey has anyone ever tried changed ps1 discs in retroarch 1.7.3 before. i’m trying to do that for ace combat 3 and disc image control doesn’t let me change the disc index. when i do disc image append it just restarts and loads up disc 2. i looked it up and someone said it’s a bug that’s fixed by setting the file directory but i try that and when i append a disc it crashes. help!!!

Where do people rom now that Emuparadise has been bullied to submission? Do I need to get an NES classic?

If it’s just NES (or really anything pre-disc), why not grab a complete ROM set and be done with it? (for which you can pretty much just search ‘romset torrent’ and be good)

emu-russia and romhustler and the-eye.eu

1 Like

There’s an arcade scrolling shooter that I’ve been trying to identify for years. I played it once or twice at a movie theater in the late 1980s.

It was vertical, and I believe that the ships were pastel pink and blue and futuristic-looking. There was parallax scrolling with magma visible though holes in the ground. It seems like it couldn’t have been all that obscure, but I haven’t yet found it in the MAME library.

?

2 Likes

are you loading one disc then switching to the other or have you tried loading both discs at once from a playlist

Thanks. This definitely has the parallax part, but one thing I seem to remember is that you actually passed over both background layers. There was the ground, and then there was other scenery below the ground that you saw only in gaps. And I’m pretty sure there was magma.

I also have this idea that the ships were a little rounder. Maybe vaguely oval-shaped?

Then again, given how long ago this was, I might have inadvertently modified my memory or combined it with a dream or something like that.

it’s got magma in floor holes! you’re tearing me apart!

2 Likes

Is it unusual for an original PS4’s fan to get somewhat hot & loud while running Vampyr, or am I letting my hypochondria get away with me again?

no, that’s normal, the PS4’s internals are a hellish inferno, perhaps only rivaled by planets man has yet to discover

3 Likes

Devil’s Crush was my first video game and I believe my oldest memory is of playing Devil’s Crush on my father’s TG16. I love Devil’s Crush, the Bonus Stage themes are forever echoing through the halls of my mind. Highly recommended.

Military Madness is also really cool and about the Allies battling the Axis forces for control of the moon. It uses a cool honeycomb grid.

2 Likes

This is a hard question to google…how do you turn off the feature in iOS safari where it scans the webpage you’re on and suggests search terms to you? I don’t even know what it’s called. Suggested searches? I looked under Siri, safari, privacy…it’s a very weird feature, even happens sometimes on SB threads based on things people have posted.

The reason you can’t find an answer is because it can’t be disabled. Even if you disable predictive text on the keyboard entirely, it will occasionally pop up in Safari anyway.

Could you take a screenshot actually? I run iOS Safari and don’t experience that at all. I’ve disabled Siri from the start, though.

This is what it looks like after I scroll through the ace combat thread, notice how it’s capitalized all formal-like. I don’t understand the pattern, I think I need a certain amount of battery? Also worth mentioning it’s only on my 8, it’s never happened on my 5s

Oh weird. I hadn’t noticed it before, maybe it’s from the recent update. Can’t find any change log notes for it, though.