Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Can’t you just like, run the game in a low res?

not on ps4

Well you could at least set your PS4 to 480p

1 Like

are there any japanese-designed real pinball tables?

Outside of every Pachinko? Mayyyyybbbeee the Super Mario 3 one. I couldn’t find any evidence but I really need to get to Osaka and go to the pinball arcade there before it dissapears.

why does esports have to have jersies and why do they look like this

1 Like

They drink as much electrolyte goop as pro cyclists probably

1 Like

though they have a common ancestor, pachinko and pinball aren’t the same thing at all

if everyone was forced to wear kendo outfits with the helmets I bet viewership numbers would spike but prob this is true of any thing

3 Likes

Are there any reliable or perhaps wildly imaginative rumors about Nintendo’s next move hardware-wise, particularly as regards a successor to the 3DS? Since it seems to be winding down, maybe?

Or are they just going to focus on big things on Switch and little things on mobile…

I think focusing solely on the switch + mobile is far wiser than trying to support another handheld at this point, once the switch drops to $200 I can’t really see an argument against it (other than that newer arm chipsets should pretty quickly obsolete the switch, but I expect they’ll do a pro model on a 10nm tegra next year)

They’ve been very clear in interviews that their plan for the future is to have “one unified platform” so that developers don’t have to massively change their coding approach for different Nintendo devices. That doesn’t rule out devices in other form factors than today’s Switch, but it probably means they’ll be cross-compatible with the Switch.

2 Likes

Maybe the successor to the 3DS will just be a Labo case that you slip two Switches into and folds in half at the middle

12 Likes

Wild and most likely not the case: https://www.polygon.com/2017/2/1/14474524/nintendo-switch-vr-support

But I believe

EDIT what if it was a labo thing tho

what if

I’m guessing this means the next thing they will release will be a portable-only version of the Switch that can’t be hooked up to a TV and will be marginally but not meaningfully less expensive than a regular Switch

The Nintendo Don’t Switch

4 Likes

Nintendo Swatch

2 Likes

Nintendo Light Switch

4 Likes

The ol’ Switch-Ur-U

3 Likes

Little Switch Academia

2 Likes