Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Well it is $20 cheaper on Amazon, so I bought it. Also got Captain Toad because I am too indecisive.

From a quick check, seems Switch and PS4 are about the same, besides framerate. Dunno about Vita.

In terms of content they should be, but I heard word that the Switch version has some technical issues that NISA is still working out. Vita and PS4 are the safest bets.

anyone else get reactionary horseshit in their youtube recommendations far too often and no matter how many times you go through the ‘not interested’ ui

is goog actively pushing this stuff now or has The Algorithm just decided watching the gang at mikado play fatal fury special means you want to see peterson

2 Likes

I never get reactionary recommends but that might be because my recommendations are overloaded with Blippi

Blippi vs the Third Reich

1 Like

“Looks like 99% of your youtube viewing is minecraft, SMW romhacks, VGM, and cooking shows. You want to see an explanation of how the feminazi SJW liberal elite are destroying civilization?”

Is youtube ok? Has anyone looked in the building recently?

Yeah they are a bunch of republican/libertarian shitlords like twitter and facebook.

2 Likes

God damn it if I had any photoshop skills

i’m getting exactly the same thing when i use youtube - my ads are like right up to the line of pizzagate adjacent and it fucking sucks

Are y’all using subscriptions? I found that subscribing to Hbomber and Contrapoints et al cut down on my shitlord quotient significantly. I think my gaming subs are limited to expressly “SJW” people and outlets so I’m not in the web of nazis who hate BioWare.

Why does Dead Cells disable Joy2Key?

edit: got past that issue and it turns out the answer is “because it’s not a good game”, so. That answers that.

2 Likes

Dead Cells waste’d its best artistic stuff on a bossfight after the first level

is there anything special or interesting about this? from the big “PAD AND MEMORY” text, i assume it was just a pad and a memory card packaged together, but is there anything else to know?

what does it say under the blue buttons?

____ SET ?
CLEAR ?

turbo set
clear

how loud are ps4 disc drives meant to be? i got a second-hand pro and it’s like, not Super noisy but definitely louder than i remember healthy disc drives being

Depends I think. I never notice my slim, but remember my US original being kind of noisy. If it is already used may as well open up youtube.shoes go and look at some videos of british people opening up PS4s including a badly lit uneditted one by someone with a horrible tshirt doing the whole process and getting stuck a few times.

Then clean the sucker.

2 Likes

I think I have noticed that it sometimes depends on the individual disc being used. Some just seem to run more noisily than others.

1 Like

Mine’s a little bit noisy. Might be because I keep mine oriented vertically?

1 Like

I lurk resetera occasionally, for game news purposes. And the consensus seems that all models of PS4 are kind of a noise lottery.

1 Like