Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Don’t get a steam controller it’s bad. 360 controllers I can vouch for though

1 Like

steam controllers aren’t terrible but they’re more like, novel assistive devices for emulating mouse and keyboard input than general purpose gamepads. I would struggle to recommend them over bone controllers for most use cases but they’re still really neat.

Steam controllers can be good middle ground to get a mouse driven game to be couchable. I think a lot of that is you an externally create custom button mappings/profiles for any game. When most games even with good internal controller support, don’t allow full control over mappings.

But also, the touchpad things are pretty good for dealing with mouse heavy menus/inventory/dialogue trees/etc

So, is there a Fire Emblem worth playing on PS3?

the times when scp toolkit stops detecting the controller I haven’t figured out a way to reset it without resetting the whole computer. everything to do with ps controllers on pc is a pain in the ass

Uhhhhhhhh

I didn’t know it was Nintendo ok

1 Like

there isn’t a fire emblem worth playing on any other platform either

6 Likes

yeah like of all of the nintendo franchises that are adamantly stuck in NES-era designs with various grafts added over the years, fire emblem might be the most indefensibly anachronistic

the farthest they ever got was advance wars, released in 2001, prior to the western localization of any fire emblem title

I almost played the one released round the same time as SMT IV, but like a year after. Always felt like I missed getting on the FE train at multiple stops, then again nothing I saw of them/no one ever told me to go back.

Hmmm Steam controller couchability and and other aspects described do have a lot of appeal for me right now.

Imma check out SCP toolkit. Enough snags with that though, I’ll weigh the steam bone battle.

There are multiple forks of DS4Windows.

The web pages i get when searching for “DS4Windows” (eg. ds4windows.com) are for an older version by Jays2Kings which hasn’t been updated since October 2016.

There’s another version by Ryochan7 (at GitHub - Ryochan7/DS4Windows: Like those other ds4tools, but sexier) which still seems to be actively developed.

Don’t know if either are safe to use. I had better luck with the newer version.

(apologies for posting this again, i don’t know if this is common knowledge or not)

do you have any info about which version(s) this applies to? i can’t find any info about this.

Steam controller is fine unless you ever plan to play through anything 2D and faster than slow, the kinds of game the left touchpad is clearly not up to the task to (I say this having done a Freedom Planet run on the steamcon)

If the majority of your games are on steam/can be launched with steam overlay support, get a Bluetooth dongle and use steam’s xinput emulation with a DS4 (or, if you’re bored, a switch pro controller). Past that, ds4windows. Or, you know, an xbone controller S (the one with Bluetooth) though I would hold one first to see if you like the dpad and also you would lose out on gyro support via steam

I’ve been using a Sega Saturn Model 2 controller to play the bulk of the 2D PC games I have but I want something with more buttons (give me a select button at the very least), are any of the third party versions of the controller faithful to the original or do they have less GameFeel ™

I traded in like a handful of random NES carts that were piled into a box for ages, somehow got like $75 for 'em and I think the only uncommon ones were Zoda’s Revenge and Kirby’s Adventure. Used that to acquire the solid choice Xbone wireless and plug/play kit.

Steam Controller’s on sale though, might nab one anyways.

someone linked the rest of this in an images thread and i can’t find it

1 Like

Play fire emblem heroes you cowards

It me

(I found it through Google reverse image search, originally.)

2 Likes

Can someone point me in the direction of Zelda ALttP Randomizer running? I’m super interested, but I’d like some hand holding

nogo_witcher3
I was watching somebody stream The Witcher III, and saw this painting of a lady apparently in sunglasses doing the no go symbol :no_good_woman:. Does anybody have a bigger picture of it, or know if it’s from something other than this game? I imagine it can be ripped from the resources, but I don’t have the game, so…

edit: cropped and tineyed, got this. not sunglasses, apparently just a 3D model with some texture and effects added. RIP.
QUejd0r

5 Likes