Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

Should I buy Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth?

• Yes
  • No
  • Buy the Re;Birth Collection
  • Buy the Neptunia Collection, the spinoffs are good too

0 voters

I think you don’t need any “tricks” to beat any randomized rom it gives you, so I’d start by running it casually and if it grabs your interest, start learning tricks and incorporate them into your run. It’s like anything else: you start with what you can manage and work your way up.

It looks like the official site has some good resources (http://alttpr.com/resources) and they have a discord which likely has folks that can help you out too.

So besides the price (might have a deal to get a new one at the same price) does anyone have any opinions on the 3DS XL vs 2DS XL?

Super Hang-On and Galaxy Force II look really good in stereoscopic 3D—you’ll miss out on that with a 2DS.

I bought a 2DS XL recently and I ended up wishing I’d gone with the 3DS XL. The 2DS may be more affordable, and that black and blue look is pretty hot, but it definitely feels like a cheaper model. The speakers are really tinny and get distorted at the top volume. Even though I think the 3D is overrated, I kind of wish I still had the option for certain games.

Alright, that and the fact that this particular design fills me with similar emotions that I expect the Dreamcast does for some others here settles it. Thank you! :lovepig:

5 Likes

What’s the name of the rubber-nub trackthing in the middle of IBM laptop keyboards? The internet doesn’t share my conviction that it’s called a nipple.

pointing stick, though it is informally called a nipple mouse or keyboard nipple, or even… The Nub image

5 Likes

Specifically on IBM (and now Lenovo) laptops, it’s called the TrackPoint

2 Likes

Sadly this was the first context in which I can remember hearing the word clitoris, from my friend’s father in about 1996

14 Likes

do they still make laptops with those on them?

yep

Gaming adjacent but is there a way to reliably check real word performance benchmarks on smartphones? I’m in the market for a new device after my nexus 5x started bootlooping last week and web browsing and multitasking speed is literally the only thing I care about and the only reason why I would spend more than $150 on some bottom-tier no-name device.

Currently deciding whether to splurge on a OnePlus 6 instead of a Moto G6, in case anyone has any thoughts

so i got a ps4 and there’s games sales on atm

what d’you reckon i should get out of these guys? anything with two prices, that’s new vs used. i already bought the ticked ones

also Splatoon 2 is on sale somewhere for $62, which isn’t a deep discount but might be the best it gets for a while. should i nab it if i’ve been curious for a while? i don’t play much multiplayer so my usual strategy of ‘wait til no-one cares and it’s real cheap’ may be flawed

JC3 / Wolf 2 / Nier are all great and worth those prices (I know the AUD tracks more or less even with the CAD).

monhun could get cheaper, and torment is really great but idk if I’d want to play it on a console?

2 Likes

Do we have an Itch.io recommendation thread?

2 Likes

Not that I know of, but that would be fun! I remember the old “indie games depository” thread ages ago was a great time.

Nier is super excellent. With that sale I would also grab NEED FOR SPEED. Full game name. It has delightful FMV cutscenes user created skins and i had a fantastic driving time around their city of perpetual twilight.

1 Like

Yeah, NFS really doesn’t do anything great or amazing as a driving game like, mechanically or anything but god the fantasy it sells when you’re just driving around

1 Like

Can somebody please explain to me why replacing my case fan has instantly made my computer faster?

More info: I replaced a fan that was hooked up to the, uh, LP4 type connectors? They look like this:

The new fan is hooked up directly to the motherboard via PWM…thingy. Looks like this:

I replaced the old fan because it was spinning slowly or not at all, sometimes hitching in the same position repeatedly, and making weird noises. I’m also pretty sure my GPU was overheating due to this.

I was running with the old fan hooked up but with my case open for about a week and monitoring the GPU heat - no heat problems, computer still running kind of slowly.

Yesterday I hooked up the new fan and my computer booted up like 3x faster and all my programs opened up way faster too. This seems to me like if I had repaired the air conditioner in my car and could suddenly go 20 MPH faster.

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen??? It’s blowing my mind.