Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

i guess that’s just what i prefer then?
:dansemacabre:

2 Likes

Yeah dude I wasn’t trying to put your attraction down. I am super into non traditional aesthetics, but I guess that makes me p aware of traditional aesthetics, too. Im hoping this becomes a trend in the AAA space esp w main characters

She looked super freaky weird as a child in the terrible intro section it ruled.

so I know pvms / bvms are like the god tier of crts, but is that still the case in today’s world of lcd/led/oled displays? because I know they’re making lcd/led pvms and stuff, and they’re still super expensive

does the iOS (and presumably Android) version of Shin Megami Tensei have a digital manual with story junk in it, or just a barebones intro to the game, or what?

no story stuff in the manual for the western ios release

2 Likes

i’ll post some stuff tomorrow

anyone know what settings to use in handbrake to get videos to play on the ps4?

Are there any plans to update the SMT iOS release? I have an old iPhone 5S on ios 9 just for that game.

Considering how they never bothered to translate the second game I doubt there’s enough demand for them to do that work.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/music/mp_format_m.html

You probably won’t have much luck with blu-ray movie rips. Cinavia copy protection is embedded in the soundtrack and survives conversion/compression. There isn’t anyway to strip it out. The only way around it is to use a player which outright ignores compliance. So…a computer running VLC.

DVD rips should be fine. At least older ones. Not sure if recent DVDs have cinavia.

Most TV shows do not use Cinavia. So, blu-ray rips of those should be fine. Rips from TV and streaming broadcasts are definitely fine.

1 Like

any h264/ac3-encoded file in mp4 or mkv should be fine I’d guess, just keep the video bitrate under like 10mbit/s

not sure how easy handbrake makes this since I mostly use ffmpeg

1 Like

thanks! i’m only putting tv anime on there, nothing fancy, so this should be fine

I have played really high bitrate files on PS3 just fine. 20-30megabits. I would assume a PS4 would behave similarly.
Usually the limiting factor for playstation, is the amount of key frames and b-frames. After that, you can pretty much tweak all of the other custom settings to your liking.

misreading post and subsequent curiosity paid off well

3 Likes

I dunno how much control you care to have over every setting but:

handbrake probably has a PS4 preset. If not, they certainly have one for PS3, which is plenty good and would work fine on PS4. Choose the preset and then from there, you can choose an auto quality/bitrate level. Or manually set the bit-rate target.

oh! i just checked and it has a bunch of presets just marked “playstation”, in different resolutions

i should’ve thought of that earlier tbh.

1 Like

seems extremely unlikely, but everything about that release is strange so you never know

the japanese android version also hasn’t been maintained in a very, very long time

this is all made possibly by a program called mpreg

2 Likes

Anyone have any idea why if I use OBS to record VLC, it records the program window and interface and cursor just fine but doesn’t record the actual video playing?