Quick Questions XIII: Answers Return

The Madcatz MLG controllers have this great 6-pin connector, idk how widely available they are

Does anybody still play Ragnarok Online? Are there any good low/mid-rate private servers out there that aren’t bloated with goofy ass custom shit? As far as I’m concerned, the only custom NPC you need is somebody to reset your stat points and maybe a teleporter…

Anyone here have opinions on Assassin’s Creed Origins?

It’s really pretty! Also it’s got a better combat model but it’s still not quite where it needs to be. It’s a little -Soulslike when it needs to be a lot -Soulslike. Also the Discovery Tour mode is pretty neat.

1 Like

is the doom the highest level of murder i can play right now

if deus ex is a lifestyle sim who is the audiencd

Ideal difficulty setting for Titanfall 2?

The highest setting is still too easy, owing to excessively generous checkpoints in every fight (sometimes I was even checkpointed forwards on death). Go for it.

2 Likes

Quite possibly but Wolfenstein 2 gives it a run for it’s money.

Ray Kurzweil type transhumanists I assume.

1 Like

Is replacing a broken mouse button really as embarrassingly easy as the guides all claim?

When you buy a steam key from a 3-party retailer (like Humble or whatever), how does the money work out? Does Valve still get a (big?) cut? Does the publisher/developer get the money as soon as the key is purchased, or when the key is activated?

Developers can generate Steam Keys for free, & Valve does not get a cut for keys generated and used. The publisher/developer gets whatever the 3rd party retailer gives them when the game/key is purchased.

2 Likes

this is amazing

1 Like

Should I get Horizon Zero Dawn for $20?

mmmm. depends. it’s far from essential but it’s very big and very decent.

Monster Hunter-lite combat, best-practices storytelling in the Naughty Dog mold (though they mine some good bits out of placing a modern assertive young woman in traditional dudeland fantasy and she gets to ask, ‘why is it like this?’), choking under AAA production values. Not my thing but the best parts of it evoke the world building and tone of Avatar: The Last Airbender

you’re a pretty girl who shoots arrows at zoids. if you’ve got a high tolerance for open world lawnmowing, it’s a decent enough one of those games.

Sounds like a firm “maybe” then. I’ll pass on it for now, maybe will pick it up in the future if I run out of other PS4 games.

are there any good youtubers that produce music? all the ones I have seen are either hypebeasty vloggers or super self-promoter entrepreneur dudes or creepy “I know every conceivable thing about music theory” white dudes

Completely taking things off course here, but:

I was under the impression that Aloy wasn’t meant to be pretty at all. She’s attractive, sure? But she’s not traditionally pretty. She’s a normal looking girl cleaned up and fit enough to fight robot dinosaurs. She reminds me of the handler from Monster Hunter World. But she’s not a supermodel/actress type. I was kind of impressed at the restraint and how normal she looked…