pro wrasslin'

We were prepared to have a good time no matter how shitty this Rumble was gonna be.

2 Likes

Seth has been looking for Triple H for months, all he needed to do was just hang around when an NXT graduate won a title ie Alexa Bliss or American Alpha

Bayley is getting better, her promo skills haven’t been the best but at least they are endearing. Nothing comes to mind immediately that is super embarrassing. I hope Becky gets a decent Wrestlemania moment, you can only do the underdog story for so long before it gets annoying.

I wonder if they will include Taker in the goldberg/lesnar matchup because I don’t know where they will slot him in.

Can’t wait to not give a shit about Elimination Chamber ppv

Yeah, I will watch Elimination Chamber, but my hype level is not there at all. Hopefully the chamber will be better built this time to not fall apart mid fight because that was embarrassing last time.

I get why Seth is going after HHH but it doesn’t feel like they are building it well enough. The NXT spot was decent, but there is no reason they couldn’t have worked it into the Rumble more.

The rumors are that AJ Styles draws Shane at Mania which… I don’t know.

Eh, this could work well enough, depending on the gimmick for the match. AJ can probably carry Shane enough, and Shane is usually willing to try shit, even if not always being the best at it. I just am not too sure how the story of it carries through though.

Wait, they didn’t have Joe show up at the Rumble, but did have him show up on Raw last night? What the hell? That is just silly. I am totally down with Joe versus Rollins as an ongoing concern, but it seems silly not to let him get that Rumble pop.

There’s so much confusion in how they are handling things.

And it looks like Seth Rollins is legit injured from the beating on Monday, might be out of Wrestlemania

Yeah, if this injury isn’t legit, Seth and Co. are doing way too good a job of keeping kayfabe.

WON confirmed it was legit, 8 weeks, making wrestlemania might be difficult

It sounds like Elimination Chamber was pretty good

bah gawd, outta nowhere

3 Likes

Fastlane is this sunday and I really don’t want KO to lose the title to Muscle Grandpa.

Also, a Fire Pro Wrestling game is coming to steam:

1 Like

SB Fire Pro league? OH HELL YES.

Also, if you are into the podcasts at all (or maybe even not) the recent episode of Austin’s with KO is amazing. Steve has this post-kayfabe way of navigating talking about wrestling that is perfect. Genuine hype for Reigns? Him and KO sell it. The damn near academic breakdown of the Stunner is great.

It sounds like ignoring Fastlane was a good use of my time last night. I shouldn’t be amazed at how badly WWE follows terrible ideas to their conclusions. Smackdown is just so much better than Raw, the flagship show, it’s almost unbelievable.

Yeah, Fastlane was full of just the weirdest decisions. Like we knew they were going to feed Strowman’s streak to Reigns eventually, but why at the PPV before Mania? That just seems like such a pure waste of it.

Why did they have Bailey win the title earlier this month and not use her as the female Daniel Bryan saga she could have so easily been with her first win being at Mania? But no, now she goes in as champ, only to probably lose, and Charlotte no longer has her silly PPV record, and Bayley is now basically a cheater babyface, which is not a good look for her (Sasha pulls is off just because people love Sasha, and she never tried to claim she wasn’t totally fine with the cheats).

Who the fuck thinks Goldberg needs a belt? And do they really think anyone isn’t noticing that he has yet to actually go for more than a minute? I mean, KO sold it, and I get them needing to get the belt off of him because the KO/Jericho match doesn’t need it at all, but why Goldberg?

Jesus, we even had the midshow “here’s some dudes who are amazing that we have no idea what to do with, so lets throw them in silly matches and let Big Show get a win…because?” with Cesaro and Rusev, both of whom are so good at their thing, but so not getting anywhere in the company.

Raw is such a damn mess, and how the hell is Smackdown so much better?

Goldberg has wrestled for 104 seconds so far in his current run. The universal belt means fucking nothing because he will lose it Lesnar at WM and Lesnar will then sit on his ass for four months while waiting until he loses it to Roman at SS and all of us smarks die from a rage aneurysm. Part timers carrying the belt forever.

It just feels like the story telling is more consistent on Smackdown. The Miz’s IC title run was great and him losing his mind on talking smack was legendary. The AJ Cena match at RR was fantastic and Bray Wyatt is fucking awesome. The Dean Baron match looks to be really good and its build looks pretty great. It might live up to the hopes of the Dean Lesnar match at Mania last year. Smackdown isn’t perfect, they are still figuring out what to do with DZ and the fact that Apollo Crews doesn’t really have a personality yet. And I wish that Naomi didn’t get injured because that had potential to be great. American Alpha doesn’t really have the same feeling as they were in NXT. Overall, it just feels like Smackdown uses it’s time better. It doesn’t feel like they are throwing everything against the wall to fill three hours like Raw. We only have two hours and had three matchs but they will use the rest of the time to build stories and promos and fueds.

The only payout of the Goldberg/Brock angle would be if somehow it ends with Finn Balor coming back from injury and destroying one of them.

And yeah, Smackdown is just such a better show right now that it isn’t even funny. That they took Miz and made him a legend in this part run is just such an accomplishment. They are using Cena just like he needs to be used. They are figuring shit out, and sometimes it doesn’t work, but they are admitting that and tweaking it till it does. Heck, they have made me not hate a thing involving Orton in the first time ever.

I kept thinking y’all meant Goldust, and I was kinda surprised he was A) still wrestling (casual research suggests he is!) and B) getting top billing

Oh yeah, he is definitely still active, though his brother left the company last year after Vince refused to either let him stop being Stardust or actually do something interesting with the character, sadly. Now he is with NJPW.

Goldust/Lesnar headlining Mania would have me so much more excited. Goldust despite being very old now is still so good when given things to do.

2 Likes

The timeline where WCW survived and “The Natural” Dustin Rhodes has The Undertaker spot of having long singles matches every Starrcade sounds much preferable to our own reality.