pro wrasslin'

Did I miss the Nia Jax and Sasha Banks match or is tag match the first one of the night?

I just tuned in, but that was supposed to be a preshow match as far as I know.

Smackdown Womenā€™s tag match, raw tag match and sasha banks nia jax were all preshow. My stream died so I am scrambling to find one that works

Damn, I will have to go back and watch them.

Goddammit Roman canā€™t win this, but this is gonna be a hilarious gimmick match for Jericho.

I donā€™t hate roman but yeah, Kevin has to win this.

BRAUN vs. Roman will probably turn out to be the best match at mania.

Yeah, I donā€™t hate Roman at all; I hate how they have handled him.

And heck yeah, I can see that mania match being a good time.

NEVILLE

1 Like

That was pretty bad.

Everything was okay until the last entrant and the last five minutes.

2 Likes

Seriously, I was so hyped when it looked like against all odds we could have Jericho win it, but once he was tossed out, all hope was lost, because there is no way Bray is going to win it, meaning weith either get RKO vs. Cena #542, or another idiotic Reigns push, i.e. Bootista all over again.

At this point, I am genuinely starting to feel bad for Reigns, as Vinceā€™s mancrush on him is all but guaranteeing nobody is ever gonna like the guy, through no fault of his own. He isnā€™t the best wrestler, but heā€™s far from the worst, but the way theyā€™ve tried to shove him into being the main event is just hurting his chances of ever getting loved at this point. People have called him Cena 2.0 , but even Cena eventually got a break from it, and is getting a way warmer reception in the current environment than Reigns. I mean, shit, look at the Reigns/KO match earlier in the night, where Reigns is positioned as the babyface, with JeriKO doing all they can to heel it up, and yet, judging on the crowd, KO was the good guy, because Vince has effectively gotten everyone to hate the Reigns character.

It amazes me how the past couple years have just been the WWE screwing up the Rumble at every chance.

I was glad Ty Dillinger got the reception he did. At least they didnā€™t fuck that up.

i really hope jesse ventura breaks up Big Wrestling during the 2018 cultural revolution

a second territorial era would be so cool with the internet and what not as long as every territory isnā€™t owned by one person

I liked that they acknowledged that Xavier Woods being afraid of the Wyatt Family and the frustration of Cesaro and Sheamus after their loss but the last ten minutes screamed ā€œNothing else has worked, weā€™ll have him go over the Undertaker and then heā€™ll look strongā€

1 Like

Yeah, really, up until the ending, it was a solid Rumble, with lots of decent-to-good little storytelling beats. Xavier and Cesaro and Sheamus, like you mentioned. Brock and Goldberg hyped their inevitable Mania match well. Taker looked old but still Taker. The feuds that have been ongoing kept going. Jericho continues to just be the best chickenshit heel.

They just chose poorly on who to have in the ring after all the big guys got eliminated, and having Roman eliminate Taker is just pushing him much further into Bootista land. They want to make Roman into this dominant beast, but they havenā€™t gotten anyone to care about him being one, and the way they go about making him look like one just rubs the fake nature of wrestling in everyoneā€™s face. It pushes fans out of the silliness of a match into going ā€œwell, yeah, they want him to winā€ in a way that is not good for the event.

Like you know the only time Roman has successfully looked tough? That Mania a few back when he was headlining against Brock, and getting his shit kicked but still fighting back till Rollins cashed in and interrupted it all. That was like the moment that WWE could have turned his character around, but they kept going on his whole I AM THE GUY shit and goddammit.

And Orton is just not the guy who should be headlining right now.

I always think back to Roman after TLC in 2015 where he loses and goes crazy and spears everybody and triple H into concrete. If they stuck with that instead of the stuff like the Tater Tots promo and ā€œHeā€™s the Big DAWG in this yardā€, I feel he would be much better off.

What is so amazing in the Reigns saga is that there are so many moments where they could have turned it around, made him into an interesting character and gotten the crowd on his side, and they have blown like EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Now I am curious what they hope the Wrestlemania card ends up being, will it include:

Randy Orton versus Cena/Bray Wyatt?
Seth versus HHH with almost no build up
Lesnar vs Goldberg
Roman versus Stroman
KO Vs Jericho
Charlotte versus whoever
Becky Lynch versus Mickey James
Naomi vs Alexa Bliss
AJ versus ???
DA versus The Miz

I am in awe of Vinceā€¦ I didnā€™t think he could top last yearā€™s clusterfuckā€¦ that Roman Reigns/Brawny Towelman WRESTLEMANIA MAIN EVENT will surely draw millions

edit: LOL, I literally forgot it was Randy Orton that won and not Roman. what the hell do they even do with that? makes no sense

At least we got that Cena Styles match

Itā€™s weird that the HHH/Seth was on the NXT show?

And yeah, I am guessing Cena vs. Orton for time number 7 billion.

Roman v. Strohman has the chance to be OK, if they let Strohman just wail on Reigns and donā€™t make his inevitable victory too intolerable.

That KO Jericho match is probably going to be the highlight for me.

Charlotte is going to be up against Bayley for the Bayley Mania moment they want to sell us on, and I am OK with it since sheā€™s been fun since NXT.

Your other matches seem spot on, but I have no idea who AJ is going to be against unless they shoehorn him into the main event? And Taken is going to be there in some capacity, but him versus AJ would be a waste of both those guys.

This was a messy set up for Mania, no doubt.