pro wrasslin'

random clipped house show all japan match of the month and it’s a good one:

Kento Miyahara & Jake Lee vs. Yuma Aoyagi

The only context that’s really needed here is that this is a lead in tag match for a Triple Crown match between Miyahara & Akiyama. Additionally, Aoyagi has something to prove since this is just a few days before his Super J-Cup appearance.

NJPWrestlers are in Ryu Ga Gotoku 6 as a gangster crowd?

3 Likes

Should have sprang for Chono. Not including Ishii seems like a big missed opportunity as well since he radiates Yakuza enforcer.

1 Like

If only Nakamura waited a little bit more before leaving for NXT…

based Ishii

surprised they didn’t spring for Makabe since he’s mainstream and rolls his R’s

maybe he’s trying to stay low key

Vanguard1 has a twitter account, follow along

i love that this is wrestling

1 Like

related:

1 Like

my local indie promotion just put out a free compilation of their best matches of 2016

last year we all got a free dvd at the xmas show but their new venue is more expensive and they can’t afford to do that anymore boo hoo

Anyone planning on watching the rumble on Sunday?

Oh most definitely. Probably gonna watch the NXT event that afternoon, as I am busy on Saturday night.

I haven’t been keeping up with NXT lately so I’ll probably miss out on it this time.

What I am excited about most in the Rumble is that I really have no idea what’s going to happen. Last year the finish felt pretty predictable. This year, what will happen? Sami Zayn as the underdog probably won’t go anywhere. Will Samoa Joe show up and ruin everybody and win it all? Will the Miz continue his insane heel run and challenge for the title? Will Jericho win and face off against KO? I know I am being a huge mark and will likely end up disappointed but I am hoping that it’s a good match.

Yeah, I am a couple of weeks behind, but I am hype for Roode v. Nakamura, as I am betting whoever loses that shows up at the Rumble. I think Joe showing up is almost a foregone conclusion because his feud with Nakamura is over.

As for actual Rumble predictions, it’s anyone’s guess? I mean, I would actually bet on Taker, with this run being his retirement tour, but then (being the traditionalist he is), who is he going to want to put over at Mania? Brock and Goldberg will eliminate each other, so they can have a match at Mania that is more than the squash that was Survivor Series. Zayn won’t win, but I could see them booking him a strong run of eliminations before KO tosses him near the end. Miz is actually a legit threat for the first time ever (even counting when he headlined and won Mania).

The Rumble is maybe the markiest of events, so mark on.

My main problem right now is finding a place to watch the rumble. The network isn’t available on it’s own in Canada, so I gotta find a stream or a bar that is showing it. I don’t have too many mark friends so this will be tough.

Tonight I am going to see my local promotions stuff, which is usually a pretty good time.
https://www.superkickd.com/

Rumor has it the show is going to be 5 hours long. Not sure if that includes preshow but this is too much wrestling

Yeah Pre Show starts like right now, wtf?

There should never be an on screen countdown longer than an hour, I am now stuck in this ‘rasslin’ prison until midnight

im up to the final match of the NXT show, so I will be joining you in that prison soon.

How did the worst guy from Cheap Heat end up being on WWE instead of David Shoemaker?

Rosenberg’s had a long relationship with WWE, so that’s not surprising. Bring on Stat Guy Greg.