Post your Unique Retroarch Problems Here

be sure to mess with the gtuv050 famicom and a nes core that can output raw color data.

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot!

default palette + gtuv050

raw palette + gtu-famicom

4 Likes

Crt-royale gives me a big purple splotch on either the top or bottom half of the screen.

i’m trying to do a lets play of phantasy star 1 (cuz i aint played it) and i’m not sure if its a retroarch problem or not, im using the phantasy star 1 jp rom retranslated with the picodrive core and when i go to save the text is scrambled. it usually loaded up just fine but now i’ve ran into a glitched out screen everytime i load with a continuous buzzing noise

try it in KEGA Fusion and see if it is any different
not sure what save format picodrive uses but if it pops out .srm files they should be swappable so you can immediately test

1 Like

Atomiswave/Dreamcast emulation stopped working across all emulators. After changing the video drivers, the audio drivers, upgrading my laptopa drivers, googling, googling again…

It was an incompatible vulkan shader for a different core. Reset the shaders booted up perfectly.

Been on the edge of my seat for weeks for the Raspberry Pi 4 Retropie release…

I’m having trouble with the text boxes on Retroarch. They appear scrambled and blocky. I don’t see a lot of fixes on this problem online and I was hoping someone else had my problem and fixed it.

RetroArch mobile might no longer be a complete nightmare now?

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-8-0-released/

No longer memory leaks when changing screen orientation!

1 Like

this will literally solve my biggest issue with retroarch right now, the seamless video driver switching

that was the one sticking point before, I hated having to look up which video driver worked best with each core

4 Likes

nooooo I just went to the trouble of setting up a build environment for 1.7.9 on iOS last night

1 Like

VIDEO DRIVER SWITCHING :0

1 Like

I spent 30 minutes trying to get Fast Forward to work so I didn’t lose my mind playing a SRPG. The answer was to turn off Vsync in NVIDIA Control Panel (and then hit apply.)

1 Like

I had a custom config setup in Launchbox to put a handheld shader if the game was GB/GBC/GG/MS. Retroarch has changed how they save shaders (no longer in config but in a seperate shader file) so that broke that functionality.

So I once again have two installs of Retroarch to keep this feature because I am not confirming a border for every GB game.

I cannot get retroarch to turn off fast forward in beetle hw.

Only like every 4th start it recognizes my bone as a bone controller instead of xinput which those settings are for my saturn usb pad and completely different.

you would think someone would have solved everything and you could just click a button to have a fully unlocked Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Dreamcast file but you would be wrong.

3 Likes

download dream explorer. it’s a dreamcast homebrew disc that has hundreds of saves to put on your vmu. easier than downloading a save from the internet and fiddling around with weird programs to inject it into your emulator’s vmu file

3 Likes

Love Hina background with ANIMEWALLPAPERS watermark is some real chef’s kiss stuff of an era.

10 Likes

suddenly retroarch doesn’t start properly anymore
like the process is running but if i click the taskbar icon or alt-tab to it i don’t get anything
upgraded to the latest stable, reaaaaally don’t want to delete configs and reconfigure everything at the moment, no time for linuxing my gnus

1 Like