Podcast Organization Thread MK III: Wild City Destruction

This.

I enjoyed what you had to say despite/because of your newness to the series fwiw. Having a ā€œfifth fleeterā€ to balance out all of us third fleeters was good. Sorry if you felt left out at all, though.

If others still feel that the first recording sufficed, and are willing to edit it, then uhh sure! I can go with that, I can go with a part 2 cast as well, I can do whatever because I feel too complicated about things and my life is a mess.

Nah I think it worked in that cast, too, but part 2 being a bunch of vets would be neat

DO

FIVE

MONSTER

HUNTER

CASTS

weā€™ll do as many as there are fetch quests in generations

just kidding weā€™ll all be dead before weā€™re done that many podcasts

Man, I guess I am a first fleeter? I mean depending on how one is counting. My first MonHun that I played was the PSP port of the first one, but the one I got most into was MHFU, which is an expansion of the PSP port of the second game. Huh, Iā€™ve played too many of these games.

1 Like

this being the same for me is one of my two excuses for not saying anything on plotting this out further, whoops.

Iā€™m definitely up for ā€œthe previous recording mess is a seperate Part 1, letā€™s do a part twoā€.

hereā€™s a possible passable itinerary and some podcast side notes.

I feel a little non-confident about how each topic gets steadily less tangible and grounded in easily discussed matters, but I kind of also feel like Iā€™m evaporating in just sorting this all out in the dead of night and it kinda suits a podcast sliding from clean into ridiculous. more worried about that middle point of the grind dynamic not needing a seperate component, and throwing out non-rank observations to fit it under the previous hunt dynamics topic.

regardless, it should be a little more controlled than before. text-copyable link.

also a doodle for this upcoming thursday / friday / saturday?

I do look forward to trying to talk some more about this having gotten used to the idea of podcasting Iā€™m just at the point where my prey and I are both on our last legs.

@BustedAstromech @CourierRice @Sakurina

1 Like

Soā€¦ Saturday night? (Need to confirm for something else this weekend which is why Iā€™m asking for confirmation)

correct. I declare this next recording to start Saturday night, 7:30 to 10:30 PM EDT.

Iā€™m going to assume you mean EDT otherwise everyone will be one hour off

ā€¦EDT, yes.

bloody time, the worst illusion

can i use this space to talk about daylight savings time, oh you said ā€œnoā€ but i canā€™t hear you over how much i hate daylight savings time

my wife works in human tissue processing, which means she has very strict deadlines about when things can be processed, down to the minute. and daylight savings is a nightmare for her. like, Hawaii doesnā€™t do DST, nor do parts of Arizona, so thatā€™s the first problem, but then people document the wrong time since theyā€™re usually tired and confused anyway, so that makes it worse

and get this

her system requires that you put in a time zone, but it only accepts EST, CST, etc. You cannot put EDT in there. itā€™s absurd

anyway the whole thing is a sham. apparently the retail industry lobbied successfully to extend DST because people spend more money when itā€™s on. and they want to extend it even more. it makes me angry

oh shit itā€™s big retail coming for me, this may be the last post i ev

4 Likes

thatclonehighscenewherethegreetingcardindustrysnipertriestotakeoutjoan.gif

Thought this weekend would be fine but itā€™s going to be another weekend at work, sorry all.

No worries, we got it all recorded. Sakurina is editing both sessions and we should have it done by the weekend? I think he was considering implementing chapters audiobook-style, which is something Iā€™ve noticed hasnā€™t been in previous SB casts.

Would anyone be interested in doing some cover art for the episode? The three of us arenā€™t graphic artists. If the drawing is of a monster or some other character, the second session could just have angry eyebrows to signify itā€™s the ā€œhigh rankā€ part.

Who exactly do I need to get in touch with for this to get in the feed? Putting the finishing touches on the episode right now and then itā€™s unclear where to go from here

That would be me! It so happens I get automatic alerts in this thread. Send me a PM.

has there been an episode about funny video games and what makes a video game funny at all??? if there isnā€™t here are my takes and would like someone to argue with me

funny good:
barkley gaiden
katamari 1 and 2
sexy hiking

funny bad:
simpsonā€™s wrestling
amateur unity games for android
dendy bootlegs

not funny but respectable as comedy like the three stooges or taxi or something:
penn and teller for sega cd
trio the punch
power instinct matrimelee

not funny:
eat lead the return of matt hazard
every grand theft auto

we could talk about dissonance in things like gta or the funny outfits in silent hill 3 maybe?? it would be a sick ep

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a real discussion to be had about why failure is funny as well. Like, the funniest shit to me is playing Rainbow Six Siege and dying because my friend shot me in the head on accident because i popped out of a door at a weird time, or when I died in Hyper Iria to a rogue elevator. Are there any games that explicitly take advantage of this? I legit canā€™t think of any, other than maybe Dwarf Fortress sort of kind of?

1 Like

The modern masocore movement is pretty explicitly about comedy. Starting with IWBTG.

1 Like