Official SB Anime Club

11 Likes

Now that brings me back to uh, ā€œthe golden age of AMVsā€ (if there could be such a thing).

1 Like

Whereā€™s the Darkest of anime. Are we gonna watch Karas? Itā€™s bad. Itā€™s so bad itā€™s not even on Netflix anymore and it was for like all of my early 20ā€™s.

BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL:

due to a number of reasons (my fuck up, not wanting to be on Togethertube, wanting to watch other stuff), we have moved on over to https://synchtu.be/r/SBANIMECLUB .

now, one of the nifty features of being on Synchtube is that we can watch stuff from Google Drive, but you need to know a few things first:

1. If youā€™ve never been to Synchtube or a site running on similar software, youā€™re gonna have to get setup with script nonsense so you can actually see stuff: https://synchtu.be/google_drive_userscript
  2. If you want to share something from your own trove of Google Drive depravity, donā€™t upload the day/night of. Upload at least a day or two ahead of time to allow time for the video to process, especially if your video is HD
  3. If the video you want to share has softsubs, youā€™ll have to burn those in ahead of time. Be lazy and grab Handbrake if you donā€™t have it already, then look at this thing here:

Also, donā€™t let Handbrake muck with the sound, choose Auto Passthrough:

before any of you power users of video editing jerks say anything, this is the laziest, free-est way to do it

If you go to the Synchtube page right now, Iā€™ve set up a test video running from Google Drive on loop so you can check your script installation (donā€™t worry other mods, the wacky default playlist has been saved).

Get your shit ready for some dumb cartoons

4 Likes

ANIME CLUB: YOUā€™RE ON NOTICE!

Shitā€™s fuckinā€™ changing! Weā€™re switching from togethertube, which sucked, to synchtu.be, which lets us watch ALMOST ANY ANIME EVER MADE.

You should know this because notbov posted a guide up above! Follow it! Itā€™s pretty easy!

Much like Sailor Moon Iā€™m not good with computers ā€“ thatā€™s why thereā€™s this screencap instead of Usagiā€™s famous quote! ā€“ but I got synchtu.be working so if I can anyone can!

Log on to https://synchtu.be/r/sbanimeclub tomorrow, JULY 11, 2017, AT 8PM EST for the SB ANIME CLUB ALL-YOU-CAN EAT J-TOON BUFFET! Weā€™re going to show anything and everything! NO RULES. And if youā€™re a true glutton log on at 7PM EST for an appetizing anime pre-show! (Are you going to do a pre-show, loki? If youā€™re not able to I will queue up all my Brave Frog clips to run for an hour.)

1 Like

yeah, i can do that~

i added a link as a test and now i canā€™t delete it lol

I CLEANED UP YOUR MESS AND ALSO NOW ITā€™S WORKING FOR SOME REASON

I BROKE AND FIXED IT

okay, gonna start in a few minutes~

started!

GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GUY? HE MISSED ANIME CLUB.

OR MAYBE HE WATCHED TOO MUCH ANIME?! That is also a very dangerous thing! Life is filled with dangersā€¦thatā€™s why you should try to watch the Right Amount of Animeā€¦right nowā€¦on https://synchtu.be/r/sbanimeclub !!

EDIT: ALSO PLEASE FOLLOW BOVā€™S INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO INSTALL THE TAMPERMONKEY SCRIPT THAT LETS YOU WATCH THE HOTTEST ANIMES. IT SHOULD BE EASY. If it doesnā€™t take likeā€¦restart your browser once. Or twice. Sometimes that just fixes it when itā€™s busted. No I donā€™t know why that is.

are we just leaving all the filler in the playlist forever now so we can just add to it instead of finding the links again every week?

Most, if not all, the filler was added permanently and we just add the feature attractions temporarily. If thereā€™s anything you want to make forever, uncheck the ā€œadd as temporaryā€ thing when you add something

1 Like

currently uploading the first episodes of sukeban deka ii and english dubbed kamen rider kabuto for the preshow. and i guess iā€™ll continue with both those series in following weeks

2 Likes

How open is everyone to some goddamn Sailor Moon or is that too played out

relatedly, is it cool if i foist some Utena on everyone

also, are we still gonna watch a Moomin every time

Oh, and if anyone ever feels like doing a secondary club on a different day/at a different time (like, say, a Saturday or Sunday) please lmk, i love doing Anime Club but it starts right around when i go to bed on Tuesday, and i canā€™t always show simply because iā€™m just too sleepy(smiles)
(Not that it wasnā€™t totally worth it to be up late to watch Dirty Pair, though i definitely had anime dreams)

though while im whining about the hours, i wanna give Loki props for consistently showing up + producing content at i think like midnight his time, like a goddamn champ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

itā€™s decided

Iā€™m showing some fucking Precure because fuck the date rules

last time i looked, the moomin episodes had been taken down or blocked on youtube? they might be on dailymotion though, or someone could put them on google drive

if you put on the utena ova iā€™ll actulaly try to make this, still gotta watch that but iā€™m bad at watching things alone

1 Like

SELECTBUTTON ANIMECLUB.

In less than twenty-four hours, on July 18th at 8PM EST, extra/ordinary denizens of selectbutton are to be once more inexplicably summoned into the world of classic Anime. or, at least, a synchtube.

much like many classic animes we seem to be shifting from monster-themes-of-the-week to the terror of regular continuity, as the shift in mediums permits a lot more reccomendations rather than site scavenged scraps and the current plan is to actually head further in to shows previously watched. donā€™t worry if youā€™ve missed them before, as beauty and absurdity are better without context.

still, Iā€™m overly fond of my own voice, so I pulled together a little introduction for newcomers and the forgetful. after another Loki European-Hours live-action preshow the hour beforehand, the nightā€™s known feature presentations include more of:

• Arslan Senki, in which endless pretty boys and a Mithras priestess Iā€™m lesbian for try to reclaim the throne of Anime Persia

• Iria: Zeiram the Animation, in which a rookie bounty hunter fights a immortal shapeshifting nightmare flung across space

• Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai!, a radio-play script in which

was actually a perfect climax

• a second airing of Genmu Senki Leda, as was previously only seen by a third of regular attendees as they tested out synchtube, and which accurately describes my experience here as a schoolgirl sucked into a world of fantasy robots

• also, GALL FORCE, timed Before Dark. the inclusion of this is a grand show of ritualistic self-flagellation, a dull conspiratorial horror of surprisingly boring and unsurprisingly creepy space gender wars. I refuse to post pictures of this.

truly, the official selectbutton animeclub is a powerful corrupting force for an anime outsider such as I to have attended for long. come for the quality-gamble of 90ā€™s comedic sex and violence, stay for socializing over gorgeous / monstrous sci-fi/fantasy aesthetics, and possibly help plot out future nights with the New Planning Document.

ā€¦

if we can get enough non-cringe material onto the doc the Utena movie should be good for a potential Gay Anime Night.

7 Likes

(okay, that last one is cheating)