Official SB Anime Club

I always had to warn people about Ep 4, still would. But after my first watch it was much more bearable, there’s a certain charm in introducing the Kittan gang that way maybe?

Just finished showing my friend Gunbustaaaaaaah. Maybe now I am ready to see what the hell Diebuster does.

i feel like i saw gunbuster about ten years too late to fully appreciate it, but i liked it

i wasn’t hugely into diebuster first because it was such a different affair, but i ended up liking it a lot more later

what is gainax doing now?

Gainax is in the midst of dying

meanwhile, studios Khara and Trigger seem to be doing okay

no no you’re fine, I’m just being SB’s mom. Don’t mind me :stuck_out_tongue:
but yeah idk I’ve watched TTGL through two or three times and every time I watch Ep 4 I hate every aspect of it. The comedy sux the visuals suk the everything sux. Can’t even like it ironically.

but I appreciate the kind of uncommon opinions that SB cultivates, so

i was thinking of going into the room an hour early to queue up some non-anime stuff, like tokusatsu shorts, old jp tv ads and other non-anime miscellany? just because i usually have nothing to do while i wait for everyone else to get in the room anyway, so i might as well do some kind of pre-show thing for anyone else not doing anything?

im always down for toku

Do it!!

LAST WEEK I QUIT ANIME CLUB. THIS WEEK I WAS TOLD TO COME BACK. I believe that means we’re TRUE ANIME CLUB. And this is all I have to say about that!

@Everyone has to watch anime! That includes you, @iacus! Log on to
http://togethertube.com/rooms/sbanimeclub tomorrow, July 4, 2017, at 7PM EST for Loki’s pre-show…and then show up at 8PM for the main event, which might feature…sports? Or girls being rowdy? I dunno, it’s gonna feature some real deal anime shit! But be warned! At the stroke of midnight things might get a little bit “rude”…cuz that’s when ANIME AFTER DARK BEGINS. That’s when notbov gets wild. That’s when…nobody’s safe. But when it’s all over you’ll say “God bless the ring. God bless anime.”

1 Like

I’ll be joining SB Anime Club TODAY!

Also, I heard FLCL is getting a 2nd season and The Pillows are back to do the soundtrack

7PM EST may be “soon enough” for me to join this time!

gonna start in a couple of minutes~!

It’s happening…we’re breaking the law…! bov’s put his neck on the line to present us with a very special Anime Club Feature! Please…log on to google…feed that evil beast…do it…for anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNvz7amakLc

Never mind. Youtube conspires against us, the hot kids who love to do warez. Log on to the usual place for Bubblegum Crisis! https://togethertube.com/rooms/sbanimeclub

heres a channel with some stuff if you didnt know it already

3 Likes

everything went worse than usual today

livestream surprise didn’t work

everyone left fleeing in terror from Gall Force

the good news is we’re one step closer to being done with Gall Force forever

I fell asleep with the Moomins. Which on one hand reminds me of my childhood but on the other enrages me because I wanted to see More Anime. But I was up too long that day, it was late, I was beat and there was nothing I could have done about it.

Besides meth.

Thank you for this first taste of SB Anime Club, though. It ruled.

The goal of all mankind

2 Likes

doing the pre-show was fun, full of trauma. i’ll do it again

Did u watch the one piece opening

I remember not being a big fan of ep 4 but not because of the style or tone. I just hated the stilted nature of it especially during the talky bits. Way to choppy during low action scenes that really took me out of it. Once things got moving it was alright. Shame about the guest directors thing not panning out. Could’ve helped break up the last half which became a big blur with only plot points separating the episodes in my mind.

in a revelation that will disappoint everyone, I will probably not be doing After Dark stuff for the next couple of weeks due to early work hours

y’all get a two week stay on more Gall Force, even though we’re so close to the best part of the saga, Earth Chapter