Official SB Anime Club

i was told to skip the island episodes because they were real bad, so i did

i still haven’t watched them

don’t forget who queued it

I giveth, I taketh away

The island episodes are why I hate it

i love the island episodes, they’re a really cute romance between two shy adolescents~

also i was really worried about @sleepysmiles while we were watching ringing bell lol

I can kinda see why some folks wouldn’t like the island episodes, but I never had any problem with them.

What happens in them was fine to me, there’s some character development and amusing bits. And there’s those couple “larger plot” relevant episodes.

It’s just that the whole production level wobbles and wobbles, through a really goofy but bearable then horribly awkward “I can’t believe this is the same series” section.

But that’s never kept it from being one of my favorites…

1 Like

It couldn’t be as bad as episode 4 of TTGL, could it?

but ep 4 of GL is good?

there isn’t a single thing about gurren lagann that’s good and you know it

well if it’s officially badime, that means we can watch it in Anime Club

Gurren Lagann rules, what the hey

woah, my opinion could not be more the opposite of that

what are some animés that you like?

B^U
(these images don’t even convey the five whole frames of animation each character gets, as well as all the reused animations)

also stavekoff can not like TTGL. people can not like things, it’s okay.

I liked episode 4 at the time because it had a lot of personality. I liked it more when higher-ups at Gainax accurately described reading 2ch threads as “like placing your face up to an anus and breathing deeply” after folks complained about it looking “bad” or w/e

if i say “actually, the thing you don’t like is good” i feel like it should be safe to assume i mean “I disagree with you” for the same reason i don’t think i should have to append “in my opinion” before a qualitative statement but if im wrong I’ll adjust my language in the future?

2 Likes

remember when episodes of GL were going to all have guest directors and then ep 4 happened

I’ve always been fine with Ep 4. Coming late to the party I almost felt let down, I expected more. Or would it be less?
I would probably understand the outrage more if it were a serious episode or something but it worked in the show’s early goofy funtimes mode.

Yeah i like how that episode looks even if the first time watching GL i was like “wtf what happened??”

GunBuster