Official SB Anime Club

i missed it

@xXHaCkErBoYXx

because you asked for it

and in fancy webm form

https://selectbutton.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/3X/7/d/7d28f83206a9d8765c35bfa23881cf68b622ff84.webm

2 Likes

this movie was insanely bad but i liked that bit

the nightmare has only just begun

1 Like

why’d the robot girl blowed up :frowning2:

im glad i missed that

you don’t know she’s a robot until she bites it unless you are vaguely intelligent or have seen Alien

whoops, spoiler

:genki:

there are better reasons to have not have seen it

remember everyone, Rumi is 10.

we’re definitely watching an episode of moomin every week now though, right?

6 Likes

I’m starting to think maybe you aren’t actually sorry for showing it

1 Like

misery loves company friend

yall what are the best/most fun things to show up in anime club so far

i missed the rest of gal force but i got to see the robot explode so i feel like i got a pretty good deal outta that

have you guys watched nadia

yeah it was one of the worst shows ive ever seen

Moomin

all of the other good shit i can think of has been either sad or problematic ;(

moomin is just cuties having good times in a fantasy Finnish countryside, forever
even the groke is sympathetic

the sad stuff we watched last week was my favorite stuff so far (Ringing Bell, Night on the Galactic Railroad)

Night on the Galactic Railroad is one of my favorite movies, it’s dreamy and wonderful and absolutely underrated and i was sad i had to go to sleep before finishing it. i sat up watching the next morning and cried a bunch. it was a hard workday.

We watched a couple of rly fun food anime the other night

https://youtu.be/xPJzMaKRf2o
Master Ajikko is a delightful shonen with a hysterically bad sub you can find on your tubs

Wakako-zake is about an adorable lady who goes alone to restaurants to drink beer & appreciate food. it’s incredibly relatable and will make you hungry af

I really liked when we watch Wakakozake and the subs were French and I could still watch it

also I’m maybe working on just streaming on a burner YT channel so we can watch stuff not on YouTube but also that means you’re at the mercy of what is on my hard drive (see above)

1 Like

i think this is all i’ve seen and if the rest of the show is as good as this song i’m not sure i could handle it

2 Likes

It’s a really cool show and that’s one of my favorite parts!

1 Like

SHINESMAN

Nadia has a lot going for it but like many Gainax tv series, not without some serious shortcomings.

Neat mix of ideas, lots of lion balls, Jules Verne late 19th century shit. Animation shifts from nicely classic to sloppy, same as the tone can go from childish to adult like whut.

The infamous Island Episodes are a hurdle for anyone who might have developed affection for everything up to that point. The last arc of episodes though really come hard.

There’s a good deal of proto-Evangelion in it too.