Official SB Anime Club

we’re sticking with mostly dubs because its easier to chat while watching them even though the voice acting is universally bad except for garzey’s wing and cyber city oedo

Garzey’s Wing doesn’t have acting, it has ACTING

LOTS AND LOTS OF LOUD ACTING

4 Likes

enter the room!

IT’S 8PM AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS: IT’S TIME FOR ANIME CLUB. LOG ON AND LIQUIFY YOUR BRAINS

We are starting with part 2 of Arslan! In one hour…THEY WERE ELEVEN! A movie that is probably legit good!

STAR BISON: someone @ tiburon and let him know we gonna watch a watch ad

@stylo we’re gonna watch a watch ad

2 Likes

Casio digital watches are really cool.

4 Likes

I feel bad for underestimating Garzey’s Wing.

2 Likes

Awe man, you guys watched They Were Eleven?

As maaaaaaaaaan. It’s 10AM for me when you guys do these. If I’m awake at 10AM, I’m at work.

This was in the pile of anime VHS’s that I got for my big bro for Christmas 2015, and I always thought it looked worthwhile, simply for its semi-obscurity:

Also, The Enemy’s the Pirates! is the most New Sincerity thing ever. I love it.

i misread this as “casio digital witches” and i agree

2 Likes

They Were Eleven was a new formative experience and now I’m even more queer. And Southern.

2 Likes

Last week we all fell in love with Frol…but this week we’re all gonna FIGHT. Cuz TOMORROW AT 8PM EST IT’S ANIME CLUB: MILLIONAIRE FIGHT EDITION!

Here are the rules:

You go out, you buy at least three scratch off lottery tickets. Then we all log on, we watch fighting game animes, and in between every feature we scratch off one lottery ticket. Whoever becomes a millionaire first wins.

We are watching FG anime cuz last week SB exploded over FGs. Some people got real rude. MAYBE I was one of those people but I promise: I’ll be on my best behavior during Anime Club.

Don’t be like this fuckin’ dweeb! Don’t become a drunk because you missed out on seeing Akira SPoD’ing cartoons! Get online and watch anime! Remember, if you want to be a mod and vote for movies you gotta make an account.

Also…please…feel free to share Anime Club with your friends, but only if they’re cool…and remember:

1 Like

9 Likes

HOW YOU FEELIN’ RIGHT NOW? YOU FEELIN’ LIKE THIS?

Well if so that’s the wrong way to feel! You could be watching anime – the most wonderful thing in the world!

We gonna party all night long with FIGHTING GAME ANIME! Grab a drink, log-on, and get ready to brawl!

I’m sorry for the short notice, but you should all rush out and stock up on tissues, because on June 20 at 8PM EST – that’s tomorrow! – we’re all gonna cry watching anime.

Log on to http://togethertube.com/rooms/sbanimeclub for the EMO ANIME TRIPLE FEATURE featuring:

• Ringing Bell, which I think is about some sheep that feels emotions and maybe dies
  • One of those Unico movies, which are all about a baby unicorn watching things die
  • One of those Galaxy Express 999 movies, except it’s about cats, has a different title, and may not be by Leiji Matsumoto, but will likely feature someone crying or dying on a space train

Watch anime with your buds and get in touch with you feelings! Learn the true meaning of…

…tomorrow night at 8PM EST!

4 Likes

no its Night on the Galactic Railroad not Galaxy Express

I’m so happy you’re totally unprepared for Ringing Bell.

2 Likes

i love how enthusiastic hobo is about watching anime

1 Like

ADJUSTMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE. All animes look and sound the same to me.

As a child I was diagnosed with Anime Blindness. This might sound like a load of hooey but I promise you…it is a real condition…as I was diagnosed by “the godfather of anime” himself.

That’s right…the one…the only…Osamu Tezuka.

Here’s a photo of us from the day he delivered that diagnosis…and made history.

4 Likes

I mean, Tezuka was in med school/a doctor before he stopped to make manga, so the facts check out.

3 Likes

some mega cd arislan gifs~

8 Likes