NO RANGERS ALLOWED

I’m a middle of the night person

I get my second wind after 8 PM and feel fully awake at midnight

2 Likes

Our game is too early for Tulpa and too late for gary. What a world

4 Likes

Guys I figured out a solution: you just have to switch coasts.

Of course, if you’re gonna go through all that trouble, you may as well just all move to Baltimore so we can play together in person! Problem solved

3 Likes

Cabbage :ok_hand:

Buff grandpa is real good.

Okay, this episode broke it for me: As someone only familiar with DnD from a few podcasts what is it that makes rangers (this is a player class, right?) so racist? Explain me the joke!

The Ranger has a Favored Enemy that they get at 1st level and again in a few levels. This mechanic was added in 3rd edition but its still around in 5e. Its mechanically supported racism

Beginning at 1st level, you have significant experience studying, tracking, hunting, and even talking to a certain type of enemy.

Choose a type of favored enemy: aberrations, beasts, celestials, constructs, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, giants, monstrosities, oozes, plants, or undead. Alternatively, you can select two races of humanoid (such as gnolls and orcs) as favored enemies.

4 Likes

They get “favored enemies” as a class feature, so you can get combat bonuses against orcs because you hate orcs so much which leads to you killing a lot of orcs (because you super don’t like orcs, as a profession)

2 Likes

You can see how it comes from trying to build on the hunter/tracker archetype, but run that against the Sentient Monster Races As Backbone of Our Game/Settings thing and it gets problematic fast if you’re not one of those people who thinks Fantasy Racism is nbd it’s all fake who cares.

3 Likes

For Bonus Racism there’s an Unearthed Arcana feat FOR DWARVES ONLY called Grudge Bearer that’s a version of favored enemy. It begins

You have a deep hatred for a particular kind of creature.

So you can choose to make your whatever-class Dwarf so racist it makes them more knowledgeable about and better at murdering their hated race.

This was released in 2017.

5 Likes

Wait I thought Rangers were not allowed

Well, not in our game.

And this is why!

2 Likes

They also are the mechanically weakest class and probably the blandest, maybe tied with Fighter there.

We talk about this fairly extensively in the D&D/ttrpg thread here on sb (Xanathar’s something something)

I am not in this conversation

This one had so many jokes I couldn’t even decide between two great episode titles

Guy Fieri giant? Yes.

4 Likes

Ashley Angel still commited to that O-Town lifestyle

2 Likes

There’s a dick in that box.

I’m on ep 11 and y’all are putting out new episodes way too often for me to catch up

You’re in luck, we skipped this week’s game

Ashley_Angel

2 Likes

Muscle Cat escapes into our world

4 Likes

Wait, there’s no Ashley Angel from O-town Clone High compilation on YouTube. Did you… actually edit one together yourself?

1 Like