[NIИ]

That was more than.

Was needed.

(Thanks)

Man, still R.I.P. Bowie…

1 Like

The ending of Background World loops 52 times (Trent’s age) and the loop is nine seconds long (ho ho).

The loop degrades each time. Metaphor for GETTIN’ OLD?

https://soundcloud.com/thisisthenumbernineteen/i-cant-give-everything-away-farewell-mix

2 Likes

Feel like I should add the last time there was official concert footage too.

And another…

1 Like

Look at ol’ Ron, Zerting his Nert.

I like this sort of gradual degradation in music, even though the pronounced loop here is a little jarring.

“Sleep” by Godspeed! You Black Emperor does something like this, as does “The Art of Self Destruction, Part One” from Further Down the Spiral. And although it’s not quite the same, I also like the way the Oneohtrix Point Never remix of “Find My Way” kind of derails halfway through.

I’d like to find more examples of this type of thing.

Nine Inch Nails at Panorama.

2 Likes

These are great; none can touch this but there are also some excellent fan videos of other Disintegration Loops to sunsets over airports and the like.

posting this I just realized that playing then too loud on a terrible phone speaker makes them better

3 Likes

ah yeah I really like that video. it’s pretty mesmerising

I just got my “physical component” for Add Violence in the mail. It’s a little red T shaped folder (sort of like the Broken digipack) in the form of a manual for the synth in the cover art. The lower pocket has three little plastic label placards for different functions and a sheet of “Add Violence” label stickers. The right pocket has a fold out diagram of the synth, which is cross refenced in the center pocket’s manual. The manual “explains” the functions of each parameter which seem to revolve around manipulating Self Aware Substructures. Furthing the Broken callbacks one of the parameters is for Submission Control and it includes Pinion as a setting. The manual also has patch notes, and there’s a couple jabs at Trump in there under “Know Issues.” The rest of the booklet has the lyrics written as pseudo code accompanied by wireframe drawings of Trent and Atticus.

2 Likes

Neat.

And the previous EP, it was… messy?

Oh yes! I loved it. Copy toner fingerprints everywhere.

1 Like

https://johncarpentermusic.bandcamp.com/track/john-carpenters-halloween

“I clearly remember my friends and I at thirteen years old conning our parents into letting us see Halloween when it came out in 1978. We left the theater forever changed. We were damaged and scarred, with the shit genuinely scared out of us and that theme stuck firmly in our heads. John Carpenter, it’s your fault that I turned out the way I did.”
-Trent Reznor

“Moody and dark, Trent Reznor‬ and Atticus Ross’ version of HALLOWEEN does amazing justice to the original. I’m impressed."‬‬
-John Carpenter

4 Likes

I just found what I wore to the With Teeth Tour

trez2

5 Likes

Is this official?

More ingenuously, that’s so neat.

I don’t think I washed it.

But maybe it’s sellable.

I actually have my physical Not the Actual Events EP now. Well, as of a little while ago. It’s got… graphite smudges all over the place. They just look like a “weathered” pattern, but you touch them and it smears, leaving fingerprints all over.

Don’t have my record player up, due to… life stuff, but will give it a listen when I can. See how it compares to digital stuff.