[NIИ]

if you want the deviations, just pm me. i know it’s probably not 100% kosher but if you want to at least hear it and decide whether you’d be willing to buy an $80, then that’s probably ok.

don’t put me in jail trent

anyways – as for not the actual events, this is more or less how i’ve seen it:

• branches/bones is very much a song in the vein of year zero. it feels very much in that kind of theme, stylistically. the sounds, the pacing.
  • dear world, calls back to hesitation marks to me, mostly because of the instrumentation choice. particularly the way the drums are laid out and the way the drum samples themselves sound and the kind of rhythm they’re carrying just really, really remind me of hesitation marks.
  • she’s gone away smells like something that belongs on the into oblivion album from how to destroy angels. i guess i shouldn’t be surprised that this is the song that Mariqueen contributed to, but her voice definitely lends an eerie quality throughout, both in her quiet “oohs” and as the silent harmony in the chorus. it’s really quite good; it’s what i imagine an HTDA song would sound like if Trent was on singing duty.
  • the idea of you is really punchy and seems to me to draw the most from the entirety of the catalog of nine inch nails music so far. a lot of it has to do with the fact that Grohl is in there beating the shit out of the drums. there’s some downward spiral in here with the instrumentation, some with teeth in the melodies. the chorus pulls a lot from year zero and a little from the fragile. it’s weird. i like it.
  • burning bright (field on fire) is what would happen if the fragile and year zero had a baby.
1 Like

I’m a little salty that the Definitive Version of The Fragile has 10 Miles High and The New Flesh, but no (with Decay) or +Appendage.

I haven’t properly prepared myself to open it yet, and I refuse to look it up online.

A+

Man I hope this means the vinyl is coming soon.

spoiler: it makes a mess.

2 Likes

Todd Rundgren is a hero of mine. His records (solo and Utopia!), his songwriting, his production and his musicianship… all played a huge role shaping me into who I am. I still listen to (and study) A Wizard, A True Star and Something / Anything regularly, and I suggest you do, too.
Atticus and I sent Todd a wealth of ideas for his new record. He worked on this track and released the “proper” version here: http://amzn.to/2oSyR68. We then took what he did and moved it forward (or backward, depending on your perspective) into this.
Enjoy-
TR (not Todd Rundgren, the other TR)

2 Likes

What in the

QUESTION: FINALLY, DID YOU KNOW THERE’S A NEW TOP-SECRET NINE INCH NAILS EP THAT WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE FIRST SHOWS WE DO THIS SUMMER? DID YOU KNOW NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS WAS THE FIRST PART OF A TRILOGY OF RELATED EPS THAT WILL BE RELEASED ABOUT 6-8 MONTHS APART? NOW YOU DO. MORE INFORMATION ON THIS SHORTLY…

THANK YOU. TRENT

2 Likes
4 Likes

Yes!

Yeah, super bummed about the delay in the vinyls, but super pumped for a Quake vinyl, so it is kinda a wash.

1 Like

From the new EP ‘ADD VIOLENCE’ coming July 21st.
Limited digital + physical component version available now at: ADD VIOLENCE DIGITAL EP + PHYSICAL COMPONENT
Click here for vinyl info: Nine Inch Nails - Add Violence EP [LP]
CD version available Sept 1

Video directed by Brook Linder
Special thanks to Jeff Minter and Ivan "Giles” Zorzin http://www.minotaurproject.co.uk/

Listen to “LESS THAN”: LESS THAN - NINE INCH NAILS

More details at: http://www.nin.com

https://twitter.com/llamasoft_ox/status/885540862024986624

6 Likes

Kind of a conventional song at this point, but it still drives nicely.

Are there shooter/rhythm games where most of or the full song text appears on screen in levels?

Sound Shapes had a bit of that in Beck’s Cities and damn was it cool.

In case you missed it.

4 Likes

the lyrics are a little too reznor for me, but that sure is a great video

also the best part of nin in twin peaks was them being credited as “the” nine inch nails

3 Likes

The only downside of the Minter video is in promoting it the band’s twitter handle changed back to normal, dropping the Twin Peaks “The.”

1 Like

Plugin UI design is getting really dumb

not that anyone needs lyrics for less than, considering they scroll along with the video, but

focus
we didn’t even notice
we awake in a place we can barely recognize, yeah
hypnosis

and you can justify it all
your back was up against the wall
again

shut up, silence
add a little violence
and offend and pretend and defend and demand
my compliance

and you can always justify