[NIИ]

Anyone finding it way easier to engage and pick favorites now that everything has titles?

Even way back in the day, my favorite on the OG ghosts was always “that one with the banjo.”

Am I the only one who can’t download this? I keep getting stuck at a shopify loading screen, and fuck a youtube.

1 Like

I’m getting the same Shopify hang across multiple browsers.

2 Likes

The shop just barely worked, about 15 minutes after announcement. It may be getting hammered.

1 Like

Ok, cool. I was worried I was just having some kind of adblocker issue or something.

Here. Given that it’s intentionally a free thing anyway, I’ll just stick it on Google Drive for a while. (May take a minute or two to finish uploading.)

EDIT: Should be up now. Lemme know if a file got cut off or omitted or something. I think it should be exactly as distributed.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_UVgoG2DY5dr_fiixJt_i1uvrnXanBLc?usp=sharing

5 Likes

I’d have gladly paid for a charitable aim or even direct. Yeah though same hang across the boards.

Doesn’t seem soulseekable either (yet), dang

edit: mega thanks @azurelore, I posted so close/after

He said it will be on all streaming services by sometime tonight.

He should get on Bandcamp already.

myspace

1 Like

Thank you! I’m grabbing it now.

I am picking up several musical callbacks, that I’m not rigidly-enough indexed enough at the moment to follow effectively. Like, oh, yeah, this is building on this motif from… something. Something else he did since 1999.

There was a time I could hear three seconds from any remix and tell you what it was.

Oh, this sort of tinnitus whine?

Yeah, reminds me of the uncomfortable sound experiments he used to do.

I love that droning chant sound in With Faith. Reminds me of the best loop on the cheapo generic Buddha machine that I got for my birthday a couple years back.

2 Likes

I found Together to be pretty pedestrian, I mean it’s pleasant and enjoyable, but they’ve done that sort of sound a lot. It is nice to have longer tracks of that type though. I also like the vangelis style synth in that one song, and the use of brass instruments.

Locusts is the shit though, Turn This Off Please is a sonic epic. The scratchy synth in The Cursed Clock reminds me a lot of Coil’s Time Machines, one of my fav drone albums.

not enough ‘really’ and ‘also also’ s

1 Like

Bold move for Trent to end the album on a cover of the Star Trek: TNG opening.

I was checking the NIN store and found this, anyone know WTF is this

2 Likes

Watchmen tie in

3 Likes