News VI: Fires of Rumorcon

Is this news?? Damn, I don’t know where else to put it. Someone on Cohost figured out where the starting FMV cutscene from the game Pepsiman (1999) was filmed and the answer is “a car smog check shop in the Inglewood neighborhood of Los Angeles.”

18 Likes

I feel like this came up around the time Korone played Pepsiman three-ish years ago

Ahh, well. I was particularly excited because this is less than 20 minutes of bike riding from my house

6 Likes

V. funny that the origin story of this is almost certainly either a) they wanted to shoot at Randy’s Donuts but couldn’t for some reason, so just went down the block or b) were extremely lazy and didn’t want to go further than a mile or two away from LAX

9 Likes

the 20th TGM3 player to get Grand Master rank got it in the middle of a showcase at a speedrun event https://twitter.com/SpeeDonsFR/status/1634594976058277889

8 Likes

Do you want a simple japanese boss rush fighter where you play as a little girl with a giant dragon friend having to battle their way through a bunch of other giant creatures? I guess it doesn’t matter as I’m linking it anyways.

Not sure it is likely to be any good at all, I just like giant sprite monsters.

17 Likes

Looks R.A.D.

3 Likes

is the kid the bedman or is the bed a man?

(it’s bedman’s sister and the bed is… alive?)

10 Likes

Living bed seems par the course for Guilty Gear

3 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Those giant sprite monsters apparently spoke to me too, because on a whim, I bought and played through this yesterday (or at least part of it—I rolled credits but there seems to be some sort of new post-game stuff I didn’t start in on last night). It’s fun! The novelty of the sprites/controlling the dragons carries a lot of it, and the actual combat can feel a little clunky and a wee bit confusingly imprecise, but I had a good time with it.

2 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

the instant load times between rooms feel incredibly disconcerting lol

a friend of mine played this the other day and managed to get the process to instantly abort by clipping out of bounds:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FunnyWrongEggHassanChop-lvTCnLf_2WK2KSBw

2 Likes

we got shredders’s revenge at home

8 Likes

Ooh hm. This is now the first Steam thing I’ve ever wishlisted. Looks pretty decent and not like they overdid everything like every other western beat-em-up. ^ _^

1 Like

The end of the game will be Lloyd telling you that Troma Now is only $5 a month.

4 Likes

Side Pocket pog

7 Likes

In a reply to a comment on the Toxic Crusaders trailer on YouTube, Retroware says

It will come out on ALL systems. No worries there!

1 Like