Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

i mean i think he only just finished polybius so they are asking for T4K in like 9 months? i guess that just means it’s probably an updated port of TxK? but on “current generation consoles” and PC, so probably 3 versions, not sure Llamasoft has ever delivered on 3 platforms at the same time before

… wait it says Minter is “Executive Producer” … has Llamasoft expanded whilst making Polybius, or is it still just the 2 of them?

having TxK ported to everything under the sun like it was supposed to be under the guise of a new game is better than TxK dying with the Vita

certainly! i really hope they paid £££ after the shit they gave him for TxK, tho.

i also really hope it doesnt go bad for Llamasoft again.

it sounds fairly uncharted-y from what I’ve been reading which makes more sense: adequate as an action game, non-puzzles as pacing, admirable enough in its storytelling

Surprised that a big game like this actually went and did the Kojima thing of deleting your save file when you die.

Apparently it merely threatens to delete the save file but does not follow through.

I just have very little confidence in the writing/directing from the same dude who made Dante look like himself and then crack wise about forcibly aborting a woman’s fetus (yes, this happened in DmC, a repugnant game if ever there was).

1 Like

dota hearthstone

What has Valve become.

My sweetest friend.

I have little trust in Brad Muir, a system designer destined to forever put half-spins on played-out concepts without the necessary tightness or oomph in balance.

Or maybe that’s just a product of Double Fine.

1 Like

he responded to an insanely complex list of design ideas I sent him for massive chalice so I can’t be too upset but yeah his track record at double fine is no better than anyone else’s track record at double fine

Oh, he’s definitely a nice guy; known and loved through the indie scene.

He just happens to be the element of mediocrity I have the most standing to criticize in their games.

8 Likes

oh, hell yeah! wasn’t expecting that.

I’m pretty much ready to buy gen 2 steamVR whenever it comes out at this point…

Ooh gimme

The knuckles controllers are going to help a lot. I was surprised at how much of a difference the oculus controllers’ limited hand gestures made (e.g. a fist, pointing, open palm, grabbing).

I’m excited to play Rez later today but it’ll probably highlight the Rift’s main optical problem - the lenses make halations (“god rays”) around high contrast light sources.

Hm. Mostly I’m not willing to get Facebook hardware under any circumstance and I’m really hoping that someone comes out with a PC headset that’s a) wireless or b) comfortable without an overhead strap like PSVR, or ideally both

The LG prototype from GDC has the bike helmet adjustment and flips up like NVGs!

General grossness aside, I admire Facebook’s willingness to burn money on VR software development. It doesn’t seem like Valve really gives a shit about anything right now. I keep it quarantined on its own drive anyway.

I despise zuck too much, I’m not gonna sing valve’s praises but I do not want any facebook anything in my house

the LG prototype looks good but it’s still not wireless, I think we’re waiting on the next ultra high-bandwidth, short-range 802.11 spec for that?