Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

new iidx got announced

painfully bad name. can’t wait to melt with shame as i stand underneath a giant marquee that says “C A N N O N B A L L E R S” as i steadily feed 100yen coins into the coin slot

2 Likes

i, for one, cant stress enough how good this chance could br to havr lots of driving game BGM remixes, and how mjch i hope that they include some ENTHUSIA remixes, that will never happen, I know…

Cannon Ballers location test ended one day early because death threats were made to a long-time Bemani news blogger that was planning to attend. The guy did some questionable stuff 5 years ago and got shunned from the community, but it’s not like it excuses this.

they’re just gonna have 12-wheeled cars that can do wheelies like the last time they did a racing-related theme

1 Like

I promise I will resist replacing ‘wireframe gesticulation’ with ‘CANNON BALLER’ or some derivative.

1 Like

okay but actually do it
it’s so embarrassing i’m down

News to me:

Apparently late last year, a Chinese bootlegger developed a closed-source MAME build that hack-ily supports PGM2 games Knights of Valour 3, KOV2 +whatever version, and Oriental Legend 2. He apparently sold this software as a kit with locked-down PC hardware that was subsequently cracked and leaked to the internet at large, in possibly trojan-infected form.

Fascinating.

4 Likes

yo yo yo

has anyone tried this

1 Like

I kind of can’t imagine trying to play morrowind without being off in my own pacingless world

I can’t wait until all open world games are co-op forever forwards and backwards

Not that that doesn’t sound pleasant, but TBH if I can fully imagine a game I generally pass it up.

http://50games.fun/

12 Likes

this reminds me of when i got into indie games in 2005. so carefree!

1 Like

this looks really good

1 Like

UFO50 froth reaching critical levels

2 Likes

christ don’t tell me this actually turned out good

2 Likes

Don’t worry, people said DmC was good too, and that thing was a steaming pile of shit.

2 Likes

Legendary Game Designer Jeff Minter and Atari® Team Up for Adrenaline-Pumping Reboot of Classic Arcade Sci-Fi Tube Shooter with Tempest 4000™

1 Like

i hope they gave him a load of money