Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

I’ve always wanted the NBA2k team to do a game that wasn’t NBA2k.

To each his/her own but I think SFIV is gorgeous because it’s the closest Capcom ever came to an interactive Bengus drawing.

1 Like

the turn based roguelike that zircon kickstarted came out in early access

eurogamer reviewer really liked Pyre but she’s their jRPG person which is almost as unreliable as when they get simon parkin to write reviews

seriously, almost as bad as when they had paul dean review neufenstein, what the hell man

in other news though

very much like the look of this

yeah, it’s that usual kind of frustrating video game review where the author keeps conveying how much she likes the game but keeps failing to provide exact well-thought-out reasons you can relate to (“I won’t spoil anything for you”, “I don’t have a vocabulary to describe it”, that entire ending, oh come on)

kotaku’s review notes that the last third of the campaign introduces a really cool mechanical twist which elevates the entire game and that local versus mode is surprisingly fun, so I can’t wait

very nice, I like the music too

Can anyone think of notable example of a Scorched Earth-type terrain being used in single player? Presumably the player’s ability to trap themselves makes it really hard; a roguelike structure offers a perfect release valve for dumb mistakes.

Plenty of games have incremented on the unrealistic Worms-style terrain with bouncing objects around, proper rope swinging and even fluid physics (ex: later Clink games?), but I’m unaware of anything that bothers to fully simulate gravity outside of post-2000 destruction-heavy 3D action or strategy titles

Pixeljunk Shooter is kinda like this, ameliorated by 1. actually you can’t blow up everything and 2. you’re flying so it’s much harder to get stuck.

I need to give Environmental Station Alpha another shot. I beat one boss and then got stuck and put it down and never picked it up again.

I wonder how the conversations with him go

“hey simon, we have a game we’re supposed to all love, want in?”

1 Like
2 Likes

Sb wind jamming league

1 Like

The hype in my office is real.

Now you can update your Super Nintendo mouse to an optical one:

1 Like

A little too weightless, but pretty:

Still adorbs:

[quote]From 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017 we are changing the prices of PlayStation®Plus.

• Annually, the price will change from £39.99 to £49.99 per annum.[/quote]

oh god why aren’t ninja theory dead already?

1 Like