Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

Apparently you just have to beat the first level, so not really a challenge there.

Secret of Mana limited to two players is kinda sad. There’s not a great way around that, I guess, Bluetooth controllers or magically translated SD3 notwithstanding.

I’m convinced the SNES classic will be entirely distributed by scalpers.

2 Likes

Yeah, my cynicism is mostly stemming from the distribution of the NES Classic. Star Fox 2 being some kind of “well, did you know” kind of game seems like it’s feeding into the same fervor. There’s a handful of underrated SNES games that would have been better I think.

I’m also getting some sort of Kendall Jenner wearing a Slayer shirt vibe from this.

TLDR I’m probably being irrational.

1 Like

no uniracers no go

2 Likes

I wonder who could possibly own the rights to this game anymo-

oh. oh.

1 Like

eaten by the Pixar blorb

Dylan Cuthbert (ex-Argonaut, now heads Q Games) talks about working on the Super FX chip and shelving Starfox 2 in favor of the N64. Starfox Command was supposed to have reused Starfox 2 stuff but I’m not sure how true that is in the final game.

2 Likes
1 Like

Wasn’t the game basically complete before it was shelved?

Yeah

[quote=“Dylan Cuthbert”]
“The game was about 95 percent complete,” Cuthbert adds. “Even after the decision was made we went ahead and completed it, taking it to be fully QA’d through Mario Club.” “… The fully complete Japanese ROM at least does exist.” [/quote]

Weird entitled gamer whine:

The PS+ Japan lineup for July is pretty great and then in the states we get… Telltale garbage and Until Dawn (which is pretty exciting for me but like, it’s not something I’ve been dying for).

all been downhill since the eu + had metal gear rising and dragon’s dogma dark arisen not long after the latter came out

The similarities between the two are, uh, shall we say… striking.

The offending character is now covered with an awkward censor square in the video.

3 Likes

PSN+ and Darkstalkers Ressurection is going to get me to hook up my PS3 again.

1 Like

What if 3D Mario Land was a Kirby game??? You’d get this

4 Likes

Agggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

That’s so close to being a lovely Kirby’s Dream Course adventure game >: ( >: ( >: ( >: (

1 Like

I like Kirby-move-feel is a lot better that Mario-move-feel at the mo’, so looking forward to this a n y w a y.

1 Like

That reminds me, there is a Kirby FTP game on 3DS and I’ve been playing the heck out of it with my lady friend. Even dropped some money into it! ($2). Worth checking out.