Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

Really? Is it actually an AC property, or?

I don’t care how good something looks if it’s created by a shitbag for shitbags.

7 Likes

It’s not AC

that gamergate guy is still saying dumb shit in the present.

1 Like

I didn’t say I’d pay for it.

3 Likes

Oh shot, I didn’t realize it was actually the navel AC naval combat. I figured it was a clone.

I don’t know that this makes me any more interested but I’ll play any age of sail game so w/e

Universal income was brought about by the end of egalitarianism, I guess?

It is real pretty, though, shit-brained as it is.

BINF?

Speaking of Binf, apparently it shares a writer with Far Cry… 5 (?) which I think makes FC5 required SB hateplay

The Last Night’s visuals don’t really excite me too much but that title screen blew my mind.

2 Likes

I mean, probably videogames generally?
But I doubt Binfinite was a well written character story like this sparkly trash gateau.

Has rumble + motion controls.

I’m into it.

2 Likes

yeah, sure, great

is it less than 80 bucks

3 Likes

oh it’s the dual shock the Nintendo PlayStation would have had if it had come out

3 Likes

Pro-Points to Insomniac and Marvel for using a lesser known villain in Mister Negative.

Minus points for just going the safest Open World AAA route possible with one of the most creative studios on the planet.

1 Like

Just in case @Drem missed it: They’re doing a .hack//G.U. collection.

I’ve never actually consumed any media with this many non-alphanumeric characters in their title but I just read a bit about the games and did they really release 4 full games in this series in the span of a single year?

CC2 has mentioned doing a .hack project for PS4 for every now and then for a while now and I imagine a completely new game is contingent on the success of this smaller affair. Pacing changes sound good because it’s a drawn out story but I wonder how much they can adjust the narrative so it doesn’t wear you down when all three games are combined into one. It was already disappointing to see that the first game was structured around a battle tournament and never deviated from the formula of PvE quest -> Tournament Match -> PvE quest ->Tournament match ad infinitum. It got even more weary when you realized this was the same structure for games two and three as well!

I don’t hate .hack//GU and it’s a breezy and easy to play JRPG but it’s also kind of tedious and typical anime too often despite some of its interesting ideas and cool monsters. I’m mainly looking forward to playing the in-game TCG again.

1 Like

more tennis than Wizorb’s Breakout? That’s a pretty good idea.

Really though why would you add voice acting to a 16-bit art style (why would you add voice acting to anything but especially)

3 Likes

I looked at the gameplay in the trailer for 3 seconds and went “is this the same dev as Bot Vice” and I was right

I wanted to like that game but the controls didn’t jive and then the game shames you for keyboard use and I was just thinking how much better it would have been if they weren’t so married to also controlling like a 16-bit game

2 Likes

Catch all the Garfields!