Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

I’m sorry I didn’t use the correct pedant word (but yes I take your point about even multiples)

anyway I have a 120hz display now and I 100% can’t tell the difference between watching 24hz content on that and watching it on a 60hz display with a 3:2 pulldown, yet I hate the TV effect parker was referring to that I apparently misnamed

if I don’t have pedantry, what do I have then

1 Like

we’ll always have pedantry

𝩍:kissing_heart:

Look good

4 Likes

What’s up w/ these indie games w/ animated intros?

Like, is animation that cheap now? Or is it just that animators working on the game are that skilled and also have that amount of time?

finally

oh god that’s right

1 Like

Is it maybe that it’s just the best possible marketing? Gameplay vids maybe don’t sell as well? Maybe the average indie game buyer is more likely to be impressed by something that wants you to impress you by making you think it’s Adventure Time rather than yet another entry in the bottomless piles of cute Zelda-like retro chic?

Totally agree that the game looks pretty good though.

no, I think anothergod meant, where does an indie game get a budget to spend on animating marketing in the first place?
The first indie game I remember with an animated trailer was Capy’s Super Time Force and I was really impressed; Capy is a pretty big fish though

I know 17-BIT spent way more time (=money) than we should have on cool trailers but that was both unusual and did not help at the penetration we were able to achieve

however it was fun, which is a big plus

1 Like

Animation tools are really good now, artists tend to have downtime during QA/cert stuff, etc. Aside from the art direction quality, the animation is budget as hell in most of these indie game animated trailers.

When’s Barkley?

peak bioware

game isn’t working too well so they’re just frantically trying to make everyone gayer

3 Likes

it worked for me

3 Likes

colonialism is the big trend now

It’s basically just a sequel to Zombie Army Trilogy too, why even bother?

pretty sure they’re under the impression they’re 100% absolved of any racism by having grace jones but with more tattoos as a playable character

1 Like

final fantasy for workgroups

4 Likes

Just a reminder that this series is a prequel to Final Fantasy 1 and has a plot just as ludicrous as any mainline Final Fantasy game.

https://thelifestream.net/news/final-fantasy-series/8003/dissidia-012-plot-analysis-faq/

1 Like

i love the dissidia series so much, i hope they tack some type of story mode onto this release

The gematsu article says:

There is no “Story Mode.” It is mainly a fighting game based on the arcade version. But the PlayStation 4 version will have a story that is not present in the arcade version, which you will be able to experience through event scenes.

So maybe they’ll just add cutscenes to arcade mode.