Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

My cousin is married to a Lutheran minister and lives in Montana.

I’ll see them this coming weekend for the first time since they named one of their kids “Hadley Hope”

Still trying to decide if I’ll ask them if that’s supposed to be an ALIENS reference.

3 Likes

http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news-network-05-23-2017-monarch-reigns

There was a rumor that Frontier Defense (scripted wave-based defense mode from Titanfall 1 - think Horde meets MW2 Spec Ops) would come with a titan chassis with inter-wave upgrade trees. I really hope that mode comes back because it’s very easy to get together 4 players for PvE (and PvE isn’t so exhausting).

2 Likes

looks like this is finally coming out!

so crunchy!!

The art looks great but those bad guys blend into the background something fierce. Really hard to read.

original sin 2 is out sept 17

three weeks after absolver

I am pumped

if you look closely you can see their attacks are highlighted in high contrast and signposted with exclamation marks. The enemies used to be more differentiated but I guess it became harder to read with lots of enemies on screen. Early Devlog:

Oh god I just realized it’s from 2012. Indie development huh

apparently long dark’s story mode is out around then too

yeehaw

not sure about summer releases though. after tokyo 42 and long journey home next week… I wouldn’t rule out iconoclasts or rock of ages 2 announcing a release date less than a month out but I think that’s it?

Oh wow, I just assumed this had been out for 2-3 years and it had fizzled. Cool!

1 Like

Looks like it!

Holy lord that’s as good looking game. Demonic Pieta, aahhhhhhh

1 Like

Seriously if this is Binfinite except focused on the American exceptionalism critique and without all the quantum daughterfucking nonsense and actually decent manshooting I am going to be pretty impressed

2 Likes

My prediction is that it will be Far Cry 4 but in Montana this time instead of India or wherever Far Cry 4 was.

2 Likes

odds are pretty long on it having anything interesting to say but it’s the most interested I’ve been in far cry so that’s something

also I like that people are offended by it, as a general rule

2 Likes

I also don’t trust Ubisoft to make any kind of useful critique either. Remember when Occupy was happening and they released a trailer for a Tom Clancy game about leftist revolutionaries breaking into your living room and holding you hostage?

2 Likes

I do not trust any videogame developer to make any cogent, much less useful, critique of anything whatsoever but I do want to be given license to shoot and destroy very realistic looking facsimiles of rightwing douchebags

12 Likes

remember ubisoft karl marx lol

10 Likes

Assassin’s Creed Egypt might be the first I play in years solely because they can’t stuff pop-history characters in there

1 Like

Proud Boys protesting this game is pretty typical, where’s the real outrage, the real Ubisoft hate crime is already right here

counterpoint: they could put yul brynner in the game using only his dialogue from this movie