Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

His favorite games are Crazy Taxi and Indigo Prophecy what.

3 Likes

no he said his favorite game is crazy taxi and incidentally that indigo prophecy wasn’t that bad ok give the guy some credit this is a very nuanced take

1 Like

Of course, now there’s a bit of a secondary Twitterstorm—the backlash to the backlash—in which many people are angry that the writer gave Pac-Man 256 one out of ten, arguing that it’s unfair to take out his frustration on the game.

i appreciate this story but this little bit is just another piece for the “Gamers are Embarassing” pile

1 Like

also he gave it 9/10???

there’s no two ways around it, scoring in a review is dumb.

1 Like

This reviewer found this review score to be lacking. It was overall a mixed bag.

Fans of the genre should check it out.

2 Likes

it may not have succeeded in all it set out to do, but it’s a compelling direction for the series that points to a bright future.

Someone make a detailed review website called 7/10 that only ever hands out 7/10s to everything and be absolutely sure it’s taken into account on Metacritic.

1 Like

use the wet mouths scale

1 Like

2 Likes

I worked on this translation. It’s a fluffy Fire Emblem-like! Recommended if you are into that sort of thing!

The Linux port hit some snags with Steam’s side of things but I’ll be trying to fix it soon.

edit: no, i don’t know why the trailer’s jp only, i didn’t have anything to do with the storefront

edit edit: Linux version is fixed and working, because Steam’s runtime is more than two years out of date and ABI changes bodied me

4 Likes

1 Like

Opoona in the Smash Bros of musou games

2 Likes

Could
 could this finally be the thing that makes the Far Cry 3 format worth a damn?

I dunno tho those guns seem pretty lame

it looks potentially really well scoped

“What issue could there possibly be with casting her?” Oshii said to IGN in an interview. “The Major is a cyborg and her physical form is an entirely assumed one. The name ‘Motoko Kusanagi’ and her current body are not her original name and body, so there is no basis for saying that an Asian actress must portray her. Even if her original body (presuming such a thing existed) were a Japanese one, that would still apply.”

oh but I just bought it and it runs like shit for me, hope they get this fixed inside of the refund period!

It’s pretty funny how so many of the US articles complaining about the casting insist that the movie takes place in Tokyo.

camera pans over to Albert Camus

a single tear rolls down his cheek, and he slowly raises a thumbs-up

5 Likes