Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

anyone tried this yet?? I liked furi but I’m honestly not sure if I care about one (apparently two) more boss(es) as DLC

I thiiiink this is the appropriate thread for this. Digital Foundry did a really nice little tech analysis and retrospective on Blaster Master. Unique work done wrt “meta tiles”, the fact that the game was unpopular in Japan, etc. I didn’t know it was uniquely popular in the west (save for my lack of knowledge of other territories), but it completely explains why the plot in Zero is a reboot of the original’s US plot of following runaway frogs with subterranean panzers.

Have I mentioned Blaster Master Zero is really nice? Have I mentioned how much I like the Famicom. Have I mentioned.

(On a similar note, I’m super pumped for the 3DS remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden.)

1 Like

just saw that pretty much all of last year’s denuvo stuff finally got cracked – those of you who can’t afford AAA games, get on Just Cause 3 and Hitman already! I can’t say enough good things about either.

@parker they even got your sherlock holmes

1 Like

There’s no way parker doesn’t know about a new denuvo crack before literally anybody

Hitman is stuck in offline mode so you can’t unlock any items or the challenges. Somebody had a patch to tap into square’s servers but it got fixed.

Man SNK is really not messing around this time

The future is…different.

Gorgeous, if excessive. I remember the demo being satisfyingly difficult, and this full version is currently on Steam Greenlight for release later this year.

3 Likes

lol knowing chinese makes the demo easier

Is it bad I’m not very excited for this one?

I maybe-kinda got access to the QA builds a month ago and :confused:

Gonna be doing Nier:Automata next anyhoo.

I’ve been (finally) getting around to Dark Souls III since I don’t have Zelda yet (4k PC Emu coming soooon).

Doing pretty good for 4 days in. Yorhm’s dead so I think I’m pretty close to finished with it.

1 Like

their biggest customer for these is actually DOD isn’t it

2 Likes

If they put dualshock 4s down on a desk they might accidentally press the triggers.

2 Likes

hospitals in warzones are the new stockpile thomas

4 Likes

OK, yikes. I hope the triggers are mapped like Wipeout HD.

Felix sometimes you are just too clever for your own good

1 Like

y’all can just call me thoroughly postmodern millie

1 Like
2 Likes

that reminds me that the intrusion 2 guy has been working on his new game forever

I think the aesthetic of this is maybe a little too derivative of 16-bit contra but I’ll sure as hell play it