Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

super snakey ball from the makers of sanic kart is coming out the same day as strafe!!

this is a pretty good jan-march

2 Likes

HOT NEWS Nier Automata loos real good.

And then I found out Sumo did LBP3 and realized I should probably grab that as it is a free PSN game this month.

switch is also apparently getting my favourite game no one played for last year, which might make for one of those rare times when a nintendo platform is actually really good exposure for a multiplatform title:

1 Like

its ok

3 Likes

they’re launching with two games that are basically other devs doing their thing better than they do! the same thing happened with the Wii U (sanic kart and rayman legends), but this is by and large a good thing and means that their indie outreach hopefully isn’t braindead and their hardware port targets aren’t terrible

Of all the games to get a remaster

1 Like

http://dunklords.com/

Dunk Lords is a two-on-two basketball beat 'em up featuring over-the-top special moves, devastating dunks, and game-changing equipment. Choose from 16 of the baddest ballers around, each with unique special attacks and abilities, and do battle on a variety of hazard-filled courts.

1 Like

Yes, but can I do a Chaos Dunk?

you can, but it will delete your system32 folder and punch your mom irl

9 Likes

Look good.

everything there is my jam but I don’t know if I can take transposing Sword & Sworcery pixels and trash '80s

If this was three years earlier I’d probably feel differently

2 Likes

It play good?

it looks great

I love games that really commit aesthetically like that, I know everyone’s burned out on pixel art but the filtering is just fantastic

expecting this year to be really strong for indies after the small dip in 2016

3 Likes

i have a much greater appreciation for pixel art after trying to do it myself

the constant camera motion on the trailer makes me feel a bit ugh though, more than anything else, hope they tone it down a little

2 Likes

I’m kind of over lol 80’s, but I’m still super into synthwave.

4 Likes

i hope there’s a slider/option to tone down the amount of VHS tracking, but otherwise color me very interested

Yeah, the music and rainbows are cool but the floppy disk horsey makes me wonder

I keep forgetting the new mass effect is out next month too

I’m not really interested enough in the franchise as a whole to be awaiting that one at launch, but I did really like the third game – then again, EA seemed to lose the spark they briefly had right after 2012, and I didn’t love either of the first two