Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

yeah, good point. I still think of fight night and skate as relatively recent (the last/best entries in their respective series, anyhow) but I guess that’s going a while back at this point

fifa 12 was the last really impressive entry and that was around the same time too

FIFA Ultimate Team remains as venerated as a AAA money-printer as Call of Duty. I don’t doubt it makes more money than the rest of EA console publishing combined.

i just called viceland about skate 4. hope spike jonze gets back to me.

2 Likes

someone hacked my EA account and when I got it back I realized they hadn’t deleted the old Ultimate Team team that the person had created on my account

it was like the illegal, digital version of finding an old save on a game cartridge

6 Likes

lol???

2 Likes

EA owns the rights to Skate or Die and the fact that none of the Skate games were already called Skate or Die is a crime

9 Likes

I mean, I have always said that Apocalypse Now has the best structure for a video game. On the other hand, I meant like, a real video game lol

up until they said “survival horror” i was wondering if the game was going to be about trying to stay sane while editing your own cut of Apocalypse Now, which would have been pretty cool

also disappointed there is no Kurtz funding-level option, where you give them millions of dollars and instead of making a game they just worship you

1 Like
1 Like

They even put a Skate or Die shirt in 3, and yeah.

since we’re on the topic of skate

I definitely sat next to jake phelps (big honcho editor of thrasher magazine) on a flight from burbank to SFO and got to say hi and stuff – he was coming back from the thrasher skater of the year event

I knew he was jake phelps before I got on the plane because he was 1. wearing an ill-fitting suit with his glasses 2. had only a skateboard as his carryon and 3. was eating a see’s lollipop

who else even looks like that come on

3 Likes

So stoked. I was hoping for this one!!!

Squeenix announced a multi-year deal with Marvel to make some games. Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal first studios involved, though no actual announcements till 2018

Marvel stays winning so far on its new gaming efforts. Square’s is hitting a stride lately. CD and Montreal are good safe hands to do those first two games with. I Just hope they don’t throw IO Interactive off Hitman and start them on a Marvel game while Hitman is being amazing. Though I am totally down if Square hires Avalanche to do the spiritual sequel of Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

2 Likes

Let the blood rain from the sky.

look, that’s great

what I want to know is, are we going to get Marvel games with Nomura designs, like the crazy Batman statues

2 Likes

marvel games from square are going to give us an entire new generation of kingdom hearts type fans aren’t they

2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes