Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

I suspect it might be because chuck tingle is more intimately familiar with male gay sex than with other forms of sex.

over half of it is man on dinosaur fyi

4 Likes

maybe he goes more in depth on lesbian relationships in Professor T-Rex Teaches Me Gayness

i wonder if reading any of these books is as fun as just looking at these covers

legit excited for the Zoe Quinn’s FMV game, seems like my 15 bucks will be kickstarted to good use.

apparently she said they recently added the Frog Fractions 1/2 developer to the project, so there’s some additional hype for the pile

Because it’s comedy? Idgi. I guess I just never found the premise as hilarious as most other people seem to do so I probably have a more easily critical perspective.

I’d be happy to argue about this, but in another thread. Doubt anyone else wants to, though. Whatever.

I mean

Just by the fact that you’ve brought the phrase “critical perspective” into this, you’re already taking it far more seriously than Chuck ever did.

4 Likes

testers have been permitted to stream the Necrodancer DLC two days before the early access launch, and it’s wild stuff I foolishly spent way too much time making giant spoiler notes notes of from just streams.

maybe a general roguelikes thread (maybe with ***** forbidden from discussion before I just bleed all over a thread again) for KOP on the actual release would be nice

2 Likes

do it

1 Like
4 Likes

Apolgame

I was literally just about to post that trailer since I’m close friends with the devs. How dare you…

1 Like

paint for control looks like a smart add to a genre about running in circles (what was the racer that added it a few years back? but you don’t spend much time looking behind you in racing to get feedback), but even with lampshading I don’t think they justify not animating people to stand on the board – it looks like a huge amount of feedback is lost; meatboy starring a debug grey square

1 Like

Graffiti has been a multiplayer mode in every single Tony Hawk fwiw.

Probably the first time I saw that mechanic.

2 Likes

time to boot up skate 2 again

1 Like

Where is our skate 4 already?

idea:
skate 4 executive producer spike jonze
ads on viceland

3 Likes

Don’t you mean Sk4te?

1 Like

EA has actually been surprisingly disappointing this generation so far (at least their vancouver-area studios that make all of their good games), I wonder what they’re up to

2 Likes

A decade-and-a-half of bad decisions finally caught up to them. Feels a lot like Microsoft gutting its first-party development capability around 2009-2010.

1 Like

Plus they do halfway-ok on mobile (though again Activision’s strategy of “just buy the winners” is working well, too (if you accept as true that they’ve got nothing better to do with buckets o’ cash))