Mystery Science News Thread 3,000

Uh ok…smh…

I haven’t played this yet, but one thing it’s immediately obvious both ZM and this share is relatively brisk and simple movement physics. Samus’s running animation even looks kind of silly. It’s missing the experience of the powerful but clunky spacesuit.

I haven’t touched it but I DLed it and i’m willing to pass it around if anyone wants.

Dammit. I should’ve batch downloaded these like I was planning to.

I know there’s an obvious answer to this but [shaking no one in particular] WHY DOES THE GAME INDUSTRY HATE CULTURAL ARCHIVAL

2 Likes

potential Lost Profit?

Which becomes even more hilarious as we see what older games are sold for, or that they are often given away to entice people to buy the newer one.

Apparently, a Silver Case demo is available now on Steam

Sept 13

2 Likes

jesus, finally.

wait, a remaster?

oh well

9 posts were split to a new topic: World War Moink (Valkyria Chronicles)

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_amiga#

Internet Archive may have lost Nintendo Power but they just added 2000 Amiga games to play in your browser.

2 Likes

Was cautiously optimistic at the original Battletech announcement, and am now feeling pretty good about it.

The alterations to initiative and turn order looks like they’ll work well here, and the bigger emphasis and ease of indirect LRM fire should be interesting. A lot of the issues I see right now are simply UI and such, like poor awareness of damage levels, movement limitations and so on, and given how early this still is they should have plenty of time to iron those things out.

Also, that Atlas headshot demonstrates that the true Battletech spirit (in terms of mechanics anyway) is there, even if it was a PPC and not the ever hilarious golden BB. Does make me wonder if they might consider including Edge from the RPG side of things to give you a means of at least keeping pilots from not instantly dying from shit like this though.

Also, apparently the armor levels were tweaked to be a bit lower compared to damage levels for the purposes of keeping play swifter for the sake of being a con demo.

1 Like

FYI ubi just announced rayman origins is being made free next week but I want to recommend that you not get it because it’s pretty bland, legends is the one that has surprisingly great level design

this does actually look OK, not quite as aggressively bland and momentum-less as a lot of post-new-XCom turn based strategy

Quantum Break is getting released on Steam, will work on Windows 7 and up.

So at this point I can only think of Sunset Overdrive as far as Xbone exclusives.

2 Likes

Halo 5? Though even Halo fans were not big on that.

and what’s the deal with that? I guess dead rising is finally getting liberated from the 360 after a decade…

Really? I thought it was well received.

Oh, are you talking about the single player? Then, yeah, Halo 5 single player sucks. The multiplayer is maybe the best it has been, though.

I played Legends and instantly bounced off it because of the crap stages where you have to guide some dude around by manipulating the environments. I just wanted to platform! This was the Wii-U version so I dunno if other versions don’t have that. I’d play a version without it.

The other versions have it, but they’ve been streamlined so you aren’t doing it on the Gamepad