MUWT 2: The Quickening

personally offended you didn’t torture the english language however necessary to generate the phrase “annoyed the void”

i.e. “so now I know what’s had everyone so annoyed: the void”

4 Likes

Mandy is the closest we’ve gotten to the Plague from Hobo with a Shotgun getting their own movie.

And the Plague feels like the thesis project of someone who got a Ph.D in Boba Fettology.

1 Like

Anyways, Mandy was bad even as something to put on in the background. Probably better to look at some stills and then imagine there’s a compelling movie in between the striking imagery

It’s also two hours long, what the Hell?

Put me solidly on team watch it in a theater and pay attention.

The thing I don’t get is why we can never pair visuals like this with, I don’t know, a passably entertaining movie on the level of Pathfinder?

Also, as the official select button arbitrator of metal, I declare Mandy Not Metal

1 Like

woah

WOAH

The lighting reminded me of Refn, which is a bad thing, and might age badly. The slow burn on the setting becoming more and more fantastic was what sold me. I went in completely unaware of what the movie was about and I was mega delighted.

The LaurelSoup movie method is a) go to your local independent theater, b) never watch trailers, c) don’t read anything at all about anything ahead of time, and d) if possible don’t even take more than a 10 foot glance at the poster.

4 Likes

I endorse the LaurelSoup Method. I try to do the same thing, seeing movies based on my feelings toward the director or based on ambient hype from critics I trust, all while paying no attention to the actual details of the film itself.

2 Likes

I’m with Laurel, I dug the slow burn into the actual meat at which point Nic Cage takes over and carries what little plot there is on his insane acting alone. I was actually thinking in the theater “this is like if Hobo with a Shotgun was an art film”. I get why other people aren’t liking it but it struck a chord with me.

Also Shrug isn’t telling you about the predator dog

1 Like

Also I forget to say that I saw Peppermint, which is my review of the movie

Somehow it’s even more in the mode of Republican Action Movie than The Predator, which I guess has to do with all the ethnics being killed. Kind of as if you stuck the first 4 Death Wish movies in a blender then steamed all of the insanity from 3 out

There’s nothing to say that’s worth saying about the predator dog.

There were predator dogs in PREDATORS. There was nothing worth saying about them, either.

predator dog literally delivers the killing blow

that’s a nonsense statement why are you saying nonsense things about predator dog

how can you claim the movie is full of questionable decisions re:THE LORE and not call out that they make a predator dog a friendly pupper who plays fetch with explosives by shooting it in the brain enough to lobotomize it

yeah I definitely didn’t say this

predator dog being a friendly pupper is a fine silly joke, who cares

autism being a superpower that the super predator wishes to gain is 2 bad 4 me because it’s doing the Autism Is A Superpower thing not because a super predator wants a spine

oh, I totally misread that statement then

anyway, the lore is dead and Autism Is A Superpower will never die

we are doomed

please call them predadogs everyone i beg you

1 Like

fidotor :expressionless:

1 Like

this exchange led me down the garden path to a bunch of We React to The Predator articles one of which makes a big show out of How Could You Set Up Boring Lead Swallowing That Alien Metal Ball AND THEN DO NOTHING WITH IT??? when Boring Lead has a whole scene of pooping out out that Alien Metal Ball into the inexplicable Winnebago then gives it to his kid who drops it so Science Lady can use it to sneak up on Super Predator to save Boring Lead in the Final Climax For Real This Time but I don’t know if I can really blame them for not noticing, even if they did get paid to write a 500 word tangent re: how flabbergasted they are by the movie dropping a ball* that isn’t dropped. It’s all such a busy mess!

I will blame them a little though.

*pun absolutely intended