MUWT 2: The Quickening

the talisman that chose whalberg to be THE LAST KNIGHT is crawling all over his body and it goes down the front of his pants and over HIS DICK

Guardian Knights were going to execute Optimus Prime for (I think) being briefly reprogrammed for evil by cgi rachel weisz but then mark whalberg blocked the killing blow with king Arthur’s sword and they stopped in awe and recognition that Here Is the Last Knight

tfw megatron blasts anthony hopkins into the big ragdoll mode @ stonehenge

1 Like

hate 2 b already flying my osprey above its max ceiling when a three-headed robot alien dragon appears to give chase!

1 Like

optimus prime cuts off like seven heads with one stroke of his sword just in case we’ve forgotten what a merciless butcher optimus prime is

I swear they slid down that unremarkable metal surface for five minutes

1 Like

So cybertron is just sort of hanging off of earth now I wonder what kind of effect that will have on tides and weather patterns and

why did I do this

4 Likes

the trick is to be so thoroughly disgusted by wahlberg’s inability to atone for his racist hate crimes that you never want to watch anything with him in it ever again

4 Likes

Oh for me the appeal was definitely that both of these mass-murdering, country destabilising, rapist child killers have likely destroyed their careers over a moral dissonance conflict. I found there was nothing redemptive at all about their violence, especially since they can pretty much touch whoever they want without much in the ways of consequence. Brolin in particular epitomised that American thing of wanting to be the underdog backed into a corner and thus having to what’s necessary to win despite all evidence to the contrary.

Also, I mean, I def chuckled at “I wish I was a teenage girl”.

shrug how did you stream of consciousness shitpost about The Last Knight without bringing up how Merlin’s magic was actually transformers

I called it an “ancient alien magic staff” it is all in the barely-subtext ok

Yeah I just didn’t buy it I guess.

Brolin’s an avatar of the military industrial machine and its inhumanity brought to bear in the context of the drug war so having him do Chip on The Shoulder Grunt Feelings re: the kid possibly influenced by Manly Warrior Bonds re: Benicio is just too much boilerplate humanity for me.

Maybe if Catherine Keener killed Brolin’s whole crew and the kid at the end it would still work 4 me ¯_(ツ)_/ ¯

2 Likes

the dude from Burn Notice as the ultimate avatar of dadpat is the quiet mvp of both these movies though certainly

1 Like

Re: a recent movie, I was pretty happy to see our friend Paimon in Soul Hackers today! He’s only in the most obsure Megaten games and I didn’t know about him at all.

He rides a blue camel and is kind.

2 Likes

this doesn’t work when your media experiencing habits are fundamentally masochistic

3 Likes

remember when you read vox day’s blog out loud at the sb meetup?

I had to stop :frowning:

The moment Alejandro activated the beacon, I took that as a gambit on his part despite being disavowed. In that respect I felt he was playing on whatever loyalty Graver might feel towards him, so that decision makes more sense to me. I didn’t read it as a moral equation really.

Five Easy Pieces is really well shot and paced but our central figure is just an asshole who would abandon responsibility and we are ultimately supposed to be on his side.

The accompanying Criterion essay mourns the loss of this special 70s era asshole. It sure was great when there were listless upper-class men who wallow in the lower classes get a girl pregnant and then run away.