a very nice boy

a nice

hellboy

2 Likes

really

just a hella good boy

2 Likes

Mike Mignola’s Hell (of good) Boy

I am an old man rolling his eyes très hard and mumbling about kids, etc.

I remember feeling like the second Hellboy movie was the compilation movie from the pretty good third season of a non-existent HBO Hellboy series.

That Del Toro traveling art exhibit was pretty cool when it was in Minneapolis

I’m glad I saw THE MUMMY 2 0 1 7 OK

It’s actually an interesting fusion of action horror and action tomcruise that occasionally bumps up against something great as if by accident and features Russell Crowe eating the entire ham.

The climactic image of Tom Cruise sucking the life force out of a beautiful young mummy lady then tossing aside her withered corpse is pretty weird!

Would like to live in the universe where we got a sequel so the posters could say TOM CRUISE IS THE MUMMY, etc.

1 Like

Dude we live in it and it is called the Dark Universe

Johnny Depp will also be there

1 Like

Saw LIFE the other day cause it was on the tube. Trash and predictable.

:frowning:

Baby Driver has fun car bits and things to say about selfishness, I guess. Baby and Deborah are a couple of nothingburgers though, it rides the music tricks too much and by the end it gets saggy.

The newest Pirates movie came out today in Japan. During a zombie shark scene I had a back spasm and frankly it was good to feel something.

3 Likes

Okja is a new Bong Joon-Ho movie and it’s on Netflix right now so why are you still reading this?

looks stupid, fuck animals

watched roman polanski’s ‘repulsion’

it’s a movie about the alienating, gross and crudely bizarre experience of body-having. it also portrays really well the creeping dreadfulness of being on someone else’s home and having to wait in silence until a moment passes and maybe things start making sense again.

i identify with the protagonist a lot, in a way

thinking about it this film is almost like an older sibling to ‘under the skin’, which is a frightening thing to be

1 Like

so i watched it
of course it was a good movie but im glad it gave me reason to care aside from food on four legs

gyllenhaal does a weird performance
the score is nice
ahn seo-hyun is a great young actor

there is a really nice chase with a truck involved

there is a stinger after the credits

john akomfrah’s vertigo sea 3 screen montage of whaling footage, deep sea footage and middle passage epistemology with a loose narrative re a black sea captain. immense. possibly going to go see another of his films in a week or two in london? excited

daughters of the dust: i uh fell asleep

further confirmation that I am a garbage human being with trash taste: the last two movies I decided to check out were Guardians Vol. 2 and Power Rangers

I liked Guardians because James Gunn has been released from the constraints of making a purely studio movie and is now doing whatever the fuck he wants, resulting in weirdly neat looking action setpieces and a bizarrely personal story for a modern summer blockbuster and also I like the threat of a Marvel space heist movie headlined by Sylvester Stallone. oh, and Bautista fucking carries the comedy in this film to the point where it seems like everyone else was underwritten (which they probably were because they aren’t super deep characters to begin with)

Power Rangers was similarly a weird fucking movie because it was 90% pretty okay 80s teen drama of the Hughes school except whoops, the teens are also superheroes because it’s a movie in 2017 so we need to shoehorn in these plot elements from a show already a step or two removed from its original material, so all the ranger stuff feels way out of place and also it’s only the last 15 minutes of the movie, really. so it’s a lot like the first Transformers movie except I don’t hate all the human characters. at least Elizabeth Banks looks like she was having fun. also, shout out to some of the worst looking CGI I’ve seen in a movie with that kind of budget.

Honestly all the dad stuff in Guardians 2 got me all choked up and whatnot but that’s not fair.

I got choked up at the end of guardians 1 but that’s because I always cry at final team super attacks

4 Likes