MUWT 2: The Quickening

I watched that movie

I watched that movie and none of you stopped me

so it’s just like the games, right

Oh the credits in the games are way longer than 14 minutes.

1 Like

sounds really cool I want to see ripped Fassbender climb shit

oh i totally forgot (lol) that i watched suicide squad on an airplane too, why did no one point out that jared leto’s version of the joker is just an insanely bad jim carrey in the mask impersonation

like i am 75% sure he actually says SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSMOKIN’! at some point

2 Likes

it’s hard to get a handle on a performance that’s in a movie for less than 5 minutes

1 Like

I cannot get my head out of Get Out. I feel like it’s my brain that’s stuck, or is it his? The literal colonization of black bodies…

Top 10 horror movie easily. Does everything a horror movie is supposed to do: humor, social criticism, existential terror, make you loathe yourself. I always loved Key & Peele because they were so goddamn smart but this, I did not know Jordan Peele had this in him.

1 Like

it’s like robocop levels of successfully over-the-top

FREE FIRE is solid, but a much better comedy than it is an action movie (so, uh, adjust expectation I guess?). The space being what it is, Wheatley doesn’t give you the best sense of it and everyone’s place in it when it matters.

As I was walking out the guy in front of me turned around and said “Those fools couldn’t shoot straight.”

“Most people can’t, under stress.”

They sure brought along a remarkable number of spare magazines/loose rounds for their sidearms though!

1 Like

I watched an interview where Wheatley said during preproduction he recreated the space and prototyped the framing/blocking of it Minecraft. I thought it was a cool idea but maybe not :¡/

wow wheatley more like wheatlord what a dandy

I just watched “Resident Evil Final Chapter: we actually skipped the Washington D.C. chapter you were looking for, haha, sorry” and just like with “Underworld Blood Wars: here’s that idiot from the horrible movie-novel franchise Divergent you don’t like”, I wonder if plastic surgery face will be something people look back on and say, yep, that looked bad, glad we have nanomachines now.

Gotta say though, I like my stupid movies having a fast pace, and at least this was one relentless fucking assault on the senses.

I put on Suicide Squad for shits and giggles and we’re on the third licensed rock song before the five minute mark. Every scene has a different licensed song under it! What!

There’s a scene where they’re listing things that they’re prepared for (despite not being prepared for superman).

1. Nukes
  2. Anthrax in the mail
  3. Fluoride

By fluoride, do they mean they’re prepared for fluoride or that they’ve prepared for cavities?

1 Like

I think that means they’re ready for an onslaught of gay frogs

1 Like

a) my lady said that too!

b) she immediately added that it’s triclosan making hermaphroditic frogs :frog:

1 Like

i caught that one on a plane which is admittedly not a good venue for it, but holy christ what a bad movie.

it’s important for me to see things like that and acknowledge that they are bad because sometimes i worry that i’m a little bit too naive about appreciating a lot of blockbuster nonsense these days

all I’m going to say is that last summer, T-Mobile gave me free tickets to two movies, and they were Warcraft and Suicide Squad and they were easily the worst movies I viewed last year and that these acts made me strongly reconsider my choice in wireless carrier

4 Likes

I watched Wild at Heart today for the first time. I really enjoyed it.

1 Like